Chapter 4

Firestar's POV

This is set after Bluestar died

"For all cats who can catch their own prey gather at the great rock for a clan meeting" Firestar yowled from the clan rock. 

As the cats gathered Firestar saw Graystripe sitting close to Silverstream, the former Riverclan queen had chosen to stay in Thunderclan after the meeting with Riverclan. "Featherkit and Stormkit step forward," Firestar said. They excitedly stepped forward. "Stormkit, you reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Stormpaw. Your mentor will be Cloudtail. I hope Cloudtail will pass down all he knows to you". "Cloudtail" Firestar said turning to the snow-white warrior. "You are ready to take on an apprentice. You have shown yourself to be a fierce and brave warrior. You will be the mentor of Stormpaw", "and I expect you to pass on all you know to Stormpaw". Firestar did the same ritual for Featherkit now, Featherpaw and her mentor is Whitestorm.

The next gathering

Featherpaw's POV

Featheraw and Stormpaw were picked for the gathering. As Featherpaw got closer to the Four trees she could smell Riverclan and Windclan already there but no Shadowclan. The cats from Thunderclan start to mingle with the crowd. Stormfur was talking to two Windclan apprentices one of them was brown with green eyes while the other was completely black with burning blue eyes. "this is Gorespaw and Crowpaw" "H-hi" Featherpaw said to Crowpaw. Her face started to heat up just as Crowpaw was doing too. "um, hello" Crowpaw said, they locked eyes for it felt like 100 heartbeats. Stormpaw had a very amused look on his face, Featherpaw shot an 'I don't have a crush on this Windclan cat' look at Stormpaw which made Stormpaw's amusement grow bigger. 

"Who is your mentor?" Crowpaw asked, breaking the awkward arua. "Whitestorm," Featherpaw said "Who is yours?" "Mudclaw" Crowpaw said simply "Woah, Windclan's deputy, lucky!" Featherpaw said " Thanks" Crowpaw replied, smiling. As Featherpaw smiled back, a loud yowl came from the high rock signalling the beginning of the gathering.