Part 6

The Next Morning

Elise; "WHY DO I HAVE TO WAKE HIM?" Elise yelled at Mori, she didn't want to wake him up. But to her surprise Mori just ignored her, she was annoyed but left to go wake up Dazai.

She opened the door and seen that his phone was still on, and something was on the screen? She closed the door and snook up to his phone and it read 'Chibi🤍" it was still on call, so she reached out to the phone to say something.

Before she could Dazai had woken up and grabbed her hand. "What're you doing?" Dazai asked annoyed. "Mori told me to wake you up." Elise stated. Dazai raised an eyebrow since she was just about to grab his phone. "So what's that got to do with grabbing my phone?" Elise didn't answer the question, "Who's on the phone?" Elise asked knowing she most likely won't get the right answer. "A friend from school. Now get out, I'm awake, so let me get dressed." Dazai said not caring what she would say afterwards.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Chuuya pov:

I was getting ready for school, i never hung up on Dazai cause I didn't care to. But then I heard a distant yell? It sounded like a young girl.

I then heard a door open, and shuffling? Who's in his room? Then I heard Dazai talk to her, and her responding, it sounded tense.

I then heard the door open and close once more.
"Everything ok?" I asked there was silence for a little bit but then the mackerel answered, "Yup! Just fine! I got to go, see you at school!"
That's odd, "okay cya there." Whatever I'll ask him at school.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
At school. Chuuya pov:

Where is that stupid mackerel?! I looked everywhere! And I still don't see him. That bastard is late!

Whatever, his problem. I still want to know who he was talking to this morning, it sounded tense... I hope he's okay, wtf Chuuya why would I ca-

"SORRY IM LATE!" Dazai said while out of breath. He sat down next to Chuuya, still trying to catch his breath.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I wanted to make a Harry Potter joke sb😭
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"You good mackerel??" Chuuya whispered towards Dazai after everything went back to normal. "Yeah, mori was being annoying this morning so I walked to school.." the younger one answered the others one of now many questions.

Chuuya didn't know how to respond, he wanted to know what happened, but knew if he asked he wouldn't get an answer. "Okay but why walk? You could've called me to pick you up or something?" Dazai didn't know how to respond to that, without making it suspicious. He took a minute to think, "It just slipped my mind, sorry."
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Chuuya pov

Why's he saying sorry? Did I came off too mean?
I really hope not. I'll talk to him after this lesson, if he wants to. That mackerel is fucking stubborn.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
TIME SKIP; towards the end of class/packing up

The class is getting ready to leave the classroom for lunch/break. Chuuya looks over at Dazai and sees that he completely zoned out. He's not packing up his stuff.

Chuuya had finished packing already, he looks at Dazai, sees that he's zoned out, and starts to pack his stuff for him.

Dazai didn't realize that Chuuya was packing his stuff until he had finished. He was quite still trying to come back to reality.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Dazai pov

I didn't even realize! Why didn't he tell me?! How long was I zoned out for? I must've looked like a total freak! I need to thank Chibi and ask why he didn't tap me out of it.

"Thanks Chibi, but why didn't you tell me?! I could've done it myself?" Dazai asked the ginger hoping he didn't sound rude. "Oh, uhm, you seemed like you were really deep in thought, so I didn't want to bother you.." Chuuya answered hoping Dazai wouldn't tease him for it.

I didn't know how to respond, I want to tease him but it just doesn't feel right. That's what I normally do, tease him, so I don't know how to respond.. normally?.. I don't know...

"Oh, uh... thanks I guess.." I GUESS?? I GUeEsS?? What idiot ends an appreciation comment with " I guess" ?? YOU MORON.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Chuuya pov

Is he okay? He's just been sitting there quietly? He also didn't tease me? Which, thank the lord, but that's not like him.

"Anyway, did you want to grab food? Or are you going to sit here in silence?" I asked him, hoping it would break the awkward silence

"Huh? Oh, yeah, where'd you wanna sit at?" He answered, "Hmm, the roof, where else do we eat? We've been eating there together ever since we became friends." He's acting so weird, I really wanna know what wrong. But I know he won't answer.

Maybe after school I can ask if he wants to hang out at my place.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I hope yall enjoyed that chapter, and I'm actually so proud that I finished this one quickly, I normally take forever😭

Also at some points of this chapter I really wanted to do the "he said calmly" joke from Harry Potter😭

That took a LOT of strength to NOT do🥲

BE PROUD OF MY STRENGTH👹

Word count: 888