Chapter 2: The Schoolyard Battle

### Chapter 2: The Schoolyard Battle

The morning sun filtered through the tall buildings of Seoul, casting long shadows across the streets as Jungkook made his way to school. His steps were more confident today, bolstered by V's words of encouragement echoing in his mind. Despite the lingering apprehension from yesterday's bullying incident, Jungkook felt a flicker of determination to face his fears head-on.

As he entered the school gates, the familiar chatter of students greeted him. Some glanced curiously at him, others whispered behind his back—a constant reminder of his status as an easy target. Jungkook kept his head down, focusing on navigating the crowded halls to his first class.

During the morning break, Jungkook found himself alone in a quiet corner of the school courtyard. He sat on a bench, lost in thought, when a familiar voice broke through his reverie.

"Well, well, well... if it isn't little Jungkook."

Jungkook looked up to see three older boys approaching him. They were the same bullies who had tormented him yesterday. Fear tightened in his chest, but this time, Jungkook squared his shoulders, determined not to show weakness.

"What do you want?" he asked, trying to keep his voice steady.

The ringleader, a tall boy with a sneer on his face, stepped closer. "We heard you've been crying to your big brother about us," he taunted, his voice dripping with malice.

Jungkook felt a surge of anger, but he forced himself to stay calm. "I don't know what you're talking about," he replied, his tone defiant.

The bullies exchanged knowing glances, clearly enjoying the discomfort they were causing. "You're a scared little baby, Jungkook," another one jeered, shoving him roughly.

Jungkook stumbled back, his heart racing with a mix of fear and frustration. He glanced around, hoping for someone to intervene, but the courtyard seemed deserted. The bullies closed in, their laughter echoing in his ears.

Suddenly, a voice cut through the tension like a knife. "Is there a problem here?"

Jungkook's heart leaped with relief as he turned to see V standing a few feet away, his expression unreadable. The bullies' faces paled slightly, but they quickly regained their composure.

"Mind your own business, pretty boy," the ringleader sneered, but there was a flicker of uncertainty in his eyes.

V took a step closer, his presence commanding and formidable. "Jungkook is my brother. Everything that concerns him is my business," he said quietly, his voice carrying a dangerous edge.

The bullies exchanged uneasy glances, sensing the underlying threat in V's words. After a tense moment, they backed off, muttering insults under their breath as they retreated.

Once they were out of sight, Jungkook let out a shaky breath, relief washing over him. He looked up at V, gratitude and admiration shining in his eyes. "Hyung..."

V's expression softened as he walked over to Jungkook, placing a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Are you okay, Kookie?" he asked gently.

Jungkook nodded, feeling a surge of warmth at V's protective gesture. "Th-thank you, hyung," he stammered, overcome with emotion.

V gave him a small smile. "You did well, Kookie. Remember, you're stronger than you think," he said, his voice filled with pride.

As they walked back towards the school building together, Jungkook felt a newfound sense of confidence blossoming within him. With V by his side, he knew he could face the challenges that awaited him, both in school and beyond.

---