Chapter 6: Shadows of the Past

---

### Chapter 6: Shadows of the Past

The days blurred into weeks for Jungkook as he tried to settle into the rhythm of his new reality. School became a battlefield of whispers and sideways glances, a constant reminder of his vulnerability. Yet amidst the turmoil, V's presence remained a steadfast anchor in his life.

One evening, as Jungkook returned home from school, he found V waiting for him in the living room. V was pacing back and forth, a rare display of agitation that sent a pang of worry through Jungkook.

"Hyung, what's wrong?" Jungkook asked cautiously, his voice tinged with concern.

V stopped pacing and turned to face him, his expression grave. "Sit down, Kookie," he said quietly, gesturing to the couch.

Jungkook obeyed, his heart racing with apprehension. He watched as V took a deep breath, as if gathering his thoughts before speaking.

"There's something I need to tell you, Kookie," V began slowly, his eyes locking onto Jungkook's with intensity. "About our family."

Jungkook frowned, uncertainty gnawing at him. "Our family?" he echoed softly, unsure of what V meant.

V nodded solemnly. "Our parents... they weren't who you think they were," he explained carefully, choosing his words with deliberate precision.

Jungkook's eyes widened in surprise. "What do you mean, hyung?" he asked, his voice barely above a whisper.

V took a seat beside Jungkook, his posture rigid with tension. "Our father... he was involved in things," he said cryptically, his gaze distant with memories Jungkook had never seen. "Things that put our family at risk."

Jungkook struggled to process V's words, his mind racing with questions. "But why didn't you tell me before?" he asked quietly, his voice tinged with hurt.

V sighed heavily, his gaze softening with remorse. "I wanted to protect you, Kookie," he admitted quietly, his voice thick with emotion. "I didn't want you to be burdened with the truth."

Jungkook looked down at his hands, his thoughts swirling with a mix of emotions. "So, what happened?" he asked hesitantly, his voice barely audible.

V hesitated for a moment, as if grappling with his own memories. "Our father... he crossed paths with powerful people," he began slowly, his voice tinged with bitterness. "People who didn't take kindly to his actions."

Jungkook's heart clenched at the pain in V's voice. "Did they... hurt him?" he asked softly, dreading the answer.

V nodded solemnly. "Yes, Kookie," he replied quietly, his eyes filled with unspoken grief. "They... they took him from us."

Tears welled up in Jungkook's eyes, his throat tightening with sorrow. He had never known the full extent of their father's fate, shielded from the harsh realities that now haunted their family.

V reached out, placing a comforting hand on Jungkook's shoulder. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner," he murmured, his voice thick with remorse. "I wanted to protect you, but I realize now that keeping the truth from you was a mistake."

Jungkook looked up at V, his gaze filled with a newfound understanding. "Thank you for telling me, hyung," he said softly, his voice trembling with emotion. "I... I know it must have been hard."

V nodded, a flicker of gratitude crossing his features. "You're stronger than you know, Kookie," he said quietly, his voice tinged with pride. "And I promise, no matter what happens, I'll always be here for you."

As they sat together in the quiet of the living room, Jungkook felt a sense of closeness and solidarity with V. They were bound together not just by blood, but by shared loss and the unbreakable bond of brotherhood.

Later that night, as Jungkook lay in bed, thoughts of their father and the shadowy world he had been a part of weighed heavily on his mind. But amidst the darkness, he found solace in the knowledge that V would always be there to guide him through the storms that lay ahead.

---