Chapter 10: Bonds Tested

---

### Chapter 10: Bonds Tested

The revelation of V's true identity as the leader of the Asian mafia weighed heavily on Jungkook's mind in the days that followed. Every glance exchanged between them felt charged with unspoken tension, the weight of secrets casting a shadow over their once unbreakable bond.

As they sat in the dimly lit living room one evening, Jungkook found himself unable to shake the nagging doubt that had taken root in his heart. He watched V, who appeared lost in thought, his brow furrowed in a rare display of vulnerability.

"Hyung," Jungkook finally broke the uneasy silence, his voice hesitant but firm. "Is it true?"

V's gaze snapped up, his eyes meeting Jungkook's with a mixture of apprehension and resignation. He didn't need to ask what Jungkook was referring to—the truth had hung between them like a heavy fog since Yoongi's revelation.

"Yes, Kookie," V admitted quietly, his voice tinged with regret. "I didn't want you to find out like this."

Jungkook felt a surge of conflicting emotions—betrayal, fear, and an inexplicable sense of loss. The brother he had trusted with his life had kept a dangerous secret from him, one that threatened to unravel everything they had built together.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Jungkook's voice wavered with a mixture of hurt and anger. "I thought... I thought we were supposed to trust each other."

V looked away, unable to meet Jungkook's gaze. "I wanted to protect you," he confessed softly, his voice barely above a whisper. "I didn't want you to be burdened with the weight of my choices."

Jungkook shook his head in disbelief, struggling to reconcile the gentle brother he loved with the ruthless leader of a criminal empire. "You lied to me," he accused softly, his voice trembling with raw emotion.

V's shoulders sagged under the weight of Jungkook's accusation. "I didn't want to," he admitted hoarsely. "But I had no choice. The truth... it's not something I could easily share."

Silence settled over them like a heavy shroud, punctuated only by the distant sounds of the city outside. Jungkook felt the chasm between them widen with each passing moment, their once unbreakable bond now fractured by the revelation of V's hidden life.

"I'm sorry, Kookie," V finally spoke, his voice thick with emotion. "I never wanted to hurt you."

Jungkook's heart ached with conflicting emotions—anger, betrayal, and a deep-seated longing for the brother he thought he knew. "I don't know if I can trust you anymore," he admitted quietly, his voice laced with pain.

V's expression softened, his eyes pleading for understanding. "I understand," he murmured, his voice tinged with regret. "But please... please believe me when I say that everything I've done, I've done to protect you."

As Jungkook struggled to make sense of his turbulent emotions, a sudden noise from outside the window caught their attention. V's instincts kicked in instantly, his posture straightening as he moved towards the sound with fluid grace.

Jungkook watched in silence as V disappeared into the darkness, his heart heavy with uncertainty. Despite the rift between them, he couldn't ignore the fierce protectiveness that V had always shown towards him—a bond forged in the crucible of their shared past.

Hours passed before V returned, his expression weary but resolute. He met Jungkook's gaze with a mixture of relief and sadness, the weight of their unspoken conversation lingering in the air between them.

"I'll always protect you, Kookie," V vowed quietly, his voice carrying the weight of a thousand promises. "No matter what."

As they stood together in the quiet solitude of their home, Jungkook felt a flicker of hope amidst the darkness that threatened to consume them. Despite the secrets and the shadows that loomed over their lives, one truth remained steadfast—no matter the challenges they faced, they were brothers bound by an unbreakable bond.

---