24. He is back.

Third person POV-

Agravin lied on the soft mattress of the bed trying to change is side but a sharp pain in his spine forbade him to do so.

"Arya, aap abhi tak so rhe hain, chaliye jaagiye."
( Arya, you are still sleeping, come on get up.)

The chirping voice of his wife fell in his ear, Agravin smiled and slowly opened his eyes only to see the beautiful face of his beloved. Her face adorned with a dazzling smile which soothed his heart. She stood there, keeping her hands on her waist , smiling at him. Agravin's heart was relieved, seeing his wife all well and fit. His heart was filled with joy , looking at her smiling face. Agravin extended his right arm towards her, offering her his hand.

"Avni, yahan aaiye mere nikat. "
( Avni, come here , come to me. )
He said to her.

Avni looked at him with a mischievous smile. She eyed his hand for a second and then playfully hit his arm and went away from him. Agravin tried to catch her but he was unable to do so due to sharp shooting pain in his spine.

"Avni, aise uphaas na kijiye , meri or aaiye."
( Avni, dont do so, come to me .)

Avni just giggled at him and started taking back steps.

"Avni, priye meri or aaiye , aap us andhkaar me mat jaiye. Mere nikat aaiye priye. "
( Avni, love , come to me , don't go in the darkness. Come near me , love. )
This time he requested her.

But Avni only giggled at him and continued taking back steps. Her body was slowly disappearing in the darkness. Agravin tried hard to get up but he felt like something was clutching his body, he was unable to move. He just looked at the smiling face of his beloved, whose body was slowly consumed by the darkness.

"Nhi nhi nhi, Avniiiiiiiiii............."
( No no no , Avniiiiiii.....)

Agravin's eyes shot open , his body was drenched in sweat. He looked here and there, he was still in the forest, lying there. God knows since how long he was lying there. The vines still clutched his body , but the grip was comparatively loose. Agravin understood that this was his only chance. He can't give up. Her smiling face again flashed infront of his eyes. She must be waiting for him. Agravin looked at his sword. He had to reach towards it in order to cut those blood thirsty vines. Agravin mustard up all the courage that was left in his body and in one fell swoop he stood up and jumped towards the sword. The vines again clutched his feet pulling him away, but this time Agravin was not ready to give up. He had to reach before night. His wife was waiting for him , thats the only thing he knew at the moment. With all the strength left in his body , Agravin made one more jump towards his sword and this time his hand caught the handle of the sword. Before the vines could again clutch his body completely , Agravin waved his sword in the air and started cutting the vines. Agravin attacked the vine with great force , the vine left his leg and he fell on his back. Agravin quickly stood up and grabbed his bow and arrows again. He upper body was stained in blood. He has scratches all over his upper body along with some deep cuts. He looked for his angvastra here and there, it fell away from his body when the vines raise him up in the air and throwed him away. Finally he was able to find the angvatra which was gifted to him by his beloved. The Angvatra was covered in soil, lost its shine but it was as dear to him as his life.
He picked it up and wrapped it around his body.

***********
Maniprasth

The chant of mantras along with thunder were the only thing that one could here in the entire Ahichitra. Rishi Keerticharya along with his disciples performed the yagya. The king and the queen too offered aahuti. Avni was lying there lifeless. Her breathing was slow. Ayurvati looked towards the hour lamp and then again at Avni.