28. Utsav

Third person POV-

Avni cried snaking her arms around her husband's neck. While Agravin held her securely in his arms waiting for her to calm down. His one hand wrapped around her waist while the other one gently stroked her silken locks. After a while Avni raised her head and looked into Agravin's eyes.
"Aarya kya mai Sadaiv aapko itni hi priy rahungi ?"
( Aarya , will I always remain this dear to you ? )
She asked in between her sobs.
"Mere antim swas tak."
( Till my last breath. )
He replied.
"Kya tab bhi jab koi or ..."
( Even when someone else...)
Agravin put his index finger on Avni's lips and looked straight into her eyes.
" Mere jeevan or hriday , dono me aapke atirikt kisi or ka sthan kabhi nhi ho sakta hai. "
( There can never be a place for anyone else except you in my life and heart. )
" Aap shakti hain meri yadi aapko aahat karunga to mai Shakti viheen ho jaunga Avni. Tab Mera Jeevan vyarth ho jayega."
( You are my strength Avni. If I ever hurt you then I will become powerless. There will be no meaning of my life then. )
Avni immediately hugged her husband.

There moment was interrupted as they heard a knock on the door. Avni quickly detached herself from her husband and wipped her tears.

"Kon hai?"
( Who is it?)
She asked.

" Kshama Yuvrani, Maharani aapse bhent ki ichcha rakhti hai. "
( Apologies Yuvrani, The queen wants to meet you. )
The maid announced.

" Unse keh to mai shirga aati hoon"
( Tell her I am coming. )
Avni replied.
She turned to her husband, Agravin nodded his head in a yes allowing her to go as Avni left the chamber to meet her mother.

****************
The scene shifted to the chamber where the princess of Hemgarh, Charulata , was getting ready. The dasis fused over her, making her wear all those jewelleries that Maniprasth presented her as a gift. A pale purple garment covered her upper body while she wore a matching dhoti.
( A/N- In ancient times women too used to wear dhoti, just the drapping style was different from that of the men. )

Charulata waved her hand in the air signalling the maids to go away as she looked her reflection in the mirror. A sly smile spread over her lips as she lead against the table.

" Itna Sundar roop dekh kr bhala koi kaise Mohit nhi hoga?" ( How can anyone not be fascinated after seeing such a beauty?) Her personal maid said, to which Charulata laughed and then straightened herself

( How can anyone not be fascinated after seeing such a beauty?)
Her personal maid said, to which Charulata laughed and then straightened herself.

" Tumse Jo Kaha tha wo le kr aai ho?"
( Have you brought what I told you to bring ? )
Charulata asked her maid.

" Ji Kumari. "
( Yes princess.)
Saying so the maid took out a small glass bottle from her waist pocket and put it on table.

" Yahan ki dasiyon se bahut pucha kintu kisi ko spasth roop se nhi gyat ki Rajkumari Avni kon sa sugandh lagati hai. Jitna gyat hua usse to yahi lagta h ki Rajkumari yahi sugandh ka prayog krti hai."
( I asked the maids here but no one told me clearly what perfume princess Avni uses. From what is known , it seems that princess Avni uses this fragrance only. )