26. Tinted Lips

Third person POV-

Avni sat on the swing in the royal garden of her palace along with her parents. She kept her head on her father's shoulder while her mother held her palms between hers.
" Gyaat bhi hai ki hum sab kitne bhaybheet ho gye the kal."
( Do you even know how scared we were yesterday. )

Avni lifted her head to look at her mother and then cupped her mother's face between her palms.
" Kintu meri priy maata, mai ab kushal hoon. Ab aapke netro me ashru kyu?"
( But my lovely mother, I am fine now. Why these tears then? )

The Queen of Maniprasth held her daughter's hand which rested on her cheeks and said- " Aisa prateet hota hai ki kal hi to baat hai ki humari paanch varch ki Avni aise hi hum dono k madhya baith kr jhoola jhula krti thi. Or ab dekho kitni badi ho gai hai, vivahita hai. "
( Seems like it just happened yesterday that our five year old Avni used to enjoy the swing sitting in between us just like today. Now see how grown up you are. You are married now. )

" To kya hua , meri putri abhi bhi meri nanhi Rajkumari hai. "
( So what , my daughter is still my little princess. )

King Subodh, who was adoring his wife and daughter ,replied.

" Pranipaat Maharaj, pranipat raanimaa."
(Greetings king and queen. )

Malini entered, holding a tray with a glass of milk.

" Kalyan ho Malini. "
( Bless you Malini. )
The king replied while the queen nodded her head.

"Avni shigra ye dugdh pi lo."
( Avni , drink this milk, quickly. )
Malini said.

Avni wrinkled her nose slightly eyeing the glass of milk.

" Malini, ye dugdh pina anivarya hai kya?"
( Malini is it necessary to drink this milk?)
Avni complained like a five year old child.

King Subodh shook his head gently and smiled. He signalled Malini to give him the glass of milk.

" Meri priye putri ye dugdh shigra pi legi."
( My dear daughter will finish this glass of milk quickly. )
Saying so the king took the glass of milk to Avni's mouth, and made Avni drink it.

Avni looked at Malini and gave her a ' I see you later look. '

"Avni jamata shree Kahan hai?"
( Avni where is son in law ? )
The Queen asked her daughter.

"Maata , Aarya to mere jaagne se purva hi suryaargh k liye gye the , na jane aaj itna vilambh kyu hua?"
( Maata, Aarya went to offer suryaargh before I woke up , I don't know why it's taking him so long. )

" Avni , yuvraj mandir me the . "
(Avni , yuvraj was in the temple. )
Malini informed .

" Mandir me , kitnu Aarya ko aaj pooja me itna vilambh kyu ? Mai dekh kr aati hoon. "
( In the temple, but why is it taking him so long? Let me see. )
Avni was about to rise from her seat but her mother held her hand and said,

"Iski avshakta nhi hai Avni, wo dekho, jamata shree or Rishivar padhar rhe hai."
( No need Avni, look , son in law along with Rishi keerticharya is coming. )

Avni saw her husband coming towards her holding a pooja thali in his hand.

Everyone rose up from their seats in respect to the great sage.

" Pranipaat Rishivar. "
( Greetings sage. )
Everyone greeted Rishi keerticharya. He raised his hand in blessed everyone.

Agravin came forward and offered aarti to everyone. Once he was done, he handed over the thali to a dasi. Avni was about to say something but stopped as she saw Ayurvati coming towards them.