chapter 1 bun in the oven

I never thought I would ever be in a situation like this, but here I am in a different town in a random pharmacy looking for a pregnancy test, but here I am.

A good couple of weeks ago me and my boyfriend and cryrus had gone to a party, gotten drunk, and now all of that has made me end up here.

I had to go to a pharmacy out of town, so no one from my own one would recognise me and fins out.

I've been looking at all of there's difference types of pregnancy tests, still not knowing which one to get. I had enough money, so that wasn't an issue.

I was so focused on the tests that I didn't even realise when someone had walked up to me.

"I suggest the clear blue one is the best," the person said.

I had jumped out of my skin and now had my hand over my chest.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you," the person next to me said I looked over and saw this cute tanned looking boy with the most beautiful curly hair and perfect smile and accent that I couldn't quite pin point.

"Oh no, it's fine. I wasn't paying attention. What did you say? I say my heart is still racing.

"Oh, I just said the clear blue ones are the best." he repeated what he had said urlyer.

"How to do you know? I ask him.

"Oh, my sister recently found out that she's pregnant. She said that those are the best.

"Well, thank you -" I blank, not knowing his name.

"Oh, xaverie and you? He said.

"Cosmina, but everyone just calls me mina," I say, putting my hand out.

He shakes it, then looks at my face for a very long time, looking confused.

"If you're wondering, no, I'm not from here." I quickly tell him.

"Ooo from out? He asked, and I quickly nodded my head.

"I understand. I didn't want anyone to know you might have a bun in the oven,"he said, rubbing his stomach.

I laughed and pushed him slightly.

"I guess I just know that everything will go to shit if I'm pregnant, but I just wanted to 100 per cent sure that I wasn't. Hopefully," I say, then take a glance at the ground.

"So why are you here?" I ask, trying to lighten the mood.

"Oh, my dad works here. It's a family busine,"he said,.

"OK well I should probably get home now my parents are probably wondering where I am" I say seeing that I've been here for almost an hour and it takes 2 hours to get back to my town.

"Well, it was nice meeting you, mina," he said as I started walking away.

"You too," I said as I walked up to the counter and paid for the pregnancy test.

I then left and quickly got back in my car to start my 2 hour journey back home.

2 hours later.

"Guys, I'm home," I say once I open the door.

"Good, go wash up. we are having dinner soon," my mum said, poping her head out of the kitchen.

I nodded and then made my way up to my bedroom.

Cosminas bedroom above.

I took the test out of my pocket and looked at the instructions.

1 pee on stick
2 wait 5 mins
3 see results

Well, that's simple. I thought I took the test out of the box, went into my bathroom, and peeded on the stick to pass the time I went on my phone and called cryrus.

"Hi, what are you doing now?" I said.

"Just chilling at home missing you," he replied with.

"You're see me tomorrow," I said.

"I know, but I don't want to wait that long. Could you come over today?" he said very desperately.

"No, sorry, I'm having dinner with my family in a bit, maybe after school tomorrow," I say to him.

"Sure, see you then, baby," he said, and we both hung up.

I realise the 5 minutes were now up just as I was about to walk into my bathroom. My dad came in.

"Dad, can you knock next time?" I shouted at him.

"Hey, don't yell and get your but downstairs for dinner.

I huffed and walked downstairs. I guess
this will have to wait for later.

I get to the table and all ready see my family waiting for me at the table.

"Sorry I was late. I was talking to cryrus on the phone. " I apologised, and  I sat down.

"It's OK, you're here now. Let's just eat," my mum said as we all jug in and stared at eating.

"Mmm, this taste amazing, mum," my brother Denis said.

"Thank you yetta helped me make it,"my mum said, praising my sister for the bare minimum.

"It was no problem, mum," yetta replied with a smile.

I continued to eat my food, hoping no one from my family would bring up the question of where I was for most of today.

"So where did you go to day cosmina?" my dad asked.

Dang it. I just jinxed myself.

"Oh, I just umm went for a drive I was bored," I quickly said.

"Sure you didn't go to cryrus's house," my sister butted in.

"No I just went for a drive you bitch" I say to her knowing that she was being spiteful.

"Hey no go to your room" my dad shouts at me.

"Fine"  I said slamming my fork down onto the table and storming out of the dining room.

I get to my room and slam the door I don't know why I got so angry she has said worse to me at dinner and I've been fine.

I was almost about to just go to sleep until I remembered what's waiting for me in the bathroom.

Shit I forgot all about that stupid test I quickly  stand up and walk to my bathroom I open the door and look towards the sinck where I see the test.

I pick it up and look at it and to my surprise it was POSITIVE.

I in fact did have a bun in the oven.

💜💜💜