07. Departure!!

**DISHAN'S POV**

That girl told me that she loves travelling but hasn't traveled anywhere. I asked her why, and she said she had family responsibilities and wouldn't get permission to go. I suggested she might be able to travel after marriage with her husband.

She thought for a moment and told me that she doesn't believe in today's love. If someone trusts, respects, and loves her equally, then she might decide to marry.

I have the same views. After what happened to me, I just don't believe in love anymore. Everything feels fake. With her answer, I feel she might have experienced heartbreak too.

Then she said it's so good for boys because they get complete freedom, whereas as soon as a girl turns 20, her family starts groom hunting for her.

I laughed at her comment and told her it's the same for boys, but we just don't agree. Then we had a debate about who has more freedom. She said those with responsibilities suffer the most. They can't leave their responsibilities and run away.

I agree. But I did the opposite. I ran away from my responsibilities, leaving my parents and everything behind. Here I am in Mumbai, living my life.

That one day changed everything. Until then, I was happy working with Dad and taking care of them. But after what happened with Shriya, my cousin sister, everything changed. My dad did something wrong to her, and when I tried to stop him, he didn't listen. So I left, vowing never to return.

Now, I have some official work, so I am visiting them. Our hometown was Manali. I was born there. When I left, Dad suffered a massive heart attack. I went to the hospital to look after him, but he wanted me to manage his business. I told him it wasn't possible. After he recovered, I left and went to Mumbai.

Dad sold everything in Manali and transferred his business to Kozhikode, Kerala. Now, the business is managed by both Dad and Deepak (his brother). They settled there because the weather is pure and pleasant, and there's Ayurvedic medicine available. I'm just visiting them for a few days, maybe 2 or 3 days.

I come back from my thoughts when that girl suggests stopping the discussion before it turns into a debate. She tells me she's hungry. I tell her I ate upma knowing nothing else would come. She says she'll get down at the next station to buy something to eat.

I don't say anything, but I'm amazed by her. She was hungry but didn't eat upma because she doesn't like it. Now she wants to get down. I just nod in response, and we don't talk anymore.

I check my inbox and see numerous appreciation messages for my vlogs. She's also looking at her mobile. After 15 minutes, the station arrives. She quickly gets up, goes near her mother, and then gets down at the station. I don't feel like getting down, so I just sit there.

I see her coming back with a plate of vada. I'm feeling sleepy, so I lay down on my seat, plug in my headphones, and listen to songs, closing my eyes. I check the train tracker app. It's still an hour's journey from here.

I get up after an hour and sit there. They are keeping their bags on the seat. She takes her bags and smiles at me, and I smile back. The stop arrives, and they get down.

I see her carrying her bags and leaving the station's entrance. Then the train starts departing. Now, I have an hour to reach my destination.

I look outside the window, enjoying the beautiful view, and then I also reach my station.

I get down and take a rickshaw. Only Maa knows about my visit, and I told her not to send a car to the station.

I reach the gate, pay the driver, and stand there with my luggage. Now, I have to face many questions from everyone, and they will all judge me.

---

**Is Dishan right or wrong in his actions?

Till then, keep reading.

KEEP SMILING AND BE HAPPY 😊**