We have a Chasseur

Peter texted me to meet him in the janitor building, I open the door and go down the stairs until I reach the boys who sitting on the stairs, and I sit few steps away from them.

"Don't you have a class?" Roman asks me.

"I was asked to come here. And like you don't have one either?" He looks back at Peter and gives him the joint.

"It wasn't me."

"I know." Peter takes the joint. "Vargulf."

"What?" I ask before Roman.

"Vargulf. A wolf will only attack if it's hungry or if it's provoked-- if it's normal. A vargulf is a wolf that's gone insane."

"Insane how?"

"It doesn't eat what it kills. That's not the way. It's like a disease."

"You sure that's what this is?" Peter nods. "How?"

"I could smell it. That night at the park. You can tell a whole life by a scent--sex, health, fucking needs. This wasn't like anything. This was just anger."

"Is it someone you know Peter?" I ask him.

"I never knew any others except Nicolae. But this is a strange town. You can feel it on your balls."

"I don't need them to feel it, genius." That comment makes him chuckle.

"So, I guess we find him now. The... the vargulf," Roman interferes

"Why?"

"To make him stop." Suddenly the door opens and I scott aside to make some space to whoever claiming off the stairs, it's a girl rushes down when she sees us, understanding that we're having a conversation.

"Have you heard of the Order of the Dragon? It was a group of knights from the Crusades. My mom used to tell stories. I've always wanted to be a warrior. I see things sometimes. I hear these whispers, but I don't always know if they're real or not," Roman's confused, like me, a lot of strange things are happening to me without an obvious reason.

"I need to do something. I know." Peter takes my hand, getting me on my feet.

"What are you talking about? You just told me--"

"Roman, maybe this is something you should be discussing with your guidance counselor."

"The fuck is that supposed to mean?!"

"It means no! I know it's not a word you're used to hearing, but no."

"Sorry," I manage to tell Roman before Peter pulls me out of the building, leaving Roman behind yelling.

..................

After school, I go out with Rica, without Jessie thankfully, for shopping. I really needed some space from this unexplained things that's happening lately. My weird dreams, the tattoo I have out of nowhere, and I know I never did but how I've got it? But then I get a call from Roman that he wants me to go where he is, I was fine until I figured it's a nightclub. Of course when I told Rica she refused, but I convinced her to drive me there, because I can't go to a place like that alone, and that's satisfied her.

"...the latest details and breaking news at 10..." the first thing I hear once I get inside this nightclub. I scan the place until I spot Roman sitting on the bar alone.

"You called me. Do you want me to drive you home or something?" When I reach him enough.

"I never thought you'd come," he says chuckling.

"And I did. Do you wanna something?" I say simply, but the tone's kinda firmer than I need.

"Well, if you insist to know..." That makes me slightly furrow my brows in confusion. "May I ask you, what do you think about what Peter said earlier?"