Feelings get involved

Alternate Universe.

Alice realizes that she's falling for Risa, she's on the stage where “if it's not her, it's not anyone”

There's one thing that's stopping her from confessing her love - she doesn't want to ruin their friendship. She isn't sure if Risa feels the same towards her, she's afraid that her feelings won't be reciprocated.

In short - she's afraid of rejection. She's feeling confused, because sometimes she thinks that she's being given mixed signals take for example that one time they were having lunch at their favorite restaurant - Risa giggled and called it a “date” she sounded a little too serious for it to be a “joke” she chuckled and added a joke in response.

This time stands out the most. They were stargazing counting stars, she is sure that she felt Risa slowly tangling their fingers together.

They both stared in each other's eyes, she tucked a piece of her hair before slowly rising up Risa stayed still until Alice placed her soft lips into hers, the taste of wine and cherry overwhelming her it felt good kissing her. They were both savouring the moment when Alice bit her lower lip.

Then Risa awoke from the trance that she was indeed kissing her best friend.

Risa pushed Alice away making her fall back a little, before rushing out to leave.

s-sorry!” she yelled out before disappearing in the midst of the night.

Alice just sat there. Her lips were still numb from the kiss, she didn't even know what to do. She felt embarrassed, she felt horrible, all emotions rushing to her like a ton of bricks hitting her all at once.

“What have I done?...”

-

That was the last time she ever heard from Risa, hindi na siya nag-aaya na gumala o mag lunch sa favorite restaurant nila hindi na siya nagparamdam. She shouldn't be hurt, she understood why Risa was acting distant now.

She's giving her space. But some nights when it's just her alone in her living room drinking alcohol to prevent herself from missing Risa too much the memory of that moment - their kiss drags her back into an emotional spiral.

This night is like many others, her letting the alcohol consume her system. She couldn't even remember how much bottle of redhorse she just chugged. She was letting her mind consume her - still every time she closes her eyes she sees her face.

“Tangina, pisti kang utak ka” she cursed to herself when...

There was a knock.

It was barely audible due to how much alcohol she had just consumed. Her energy was slowly fading away, her vision getting blurry each time she tried to open her eyes.

“s..sino yan?” her voice hoarse from the alcohol.

“Alice? It's me. Can we talk, please?”

Shit.. it’s her. The one she was missing, the one whom she wished to be with. Just hearing her voice made Alice sober up, she almost tripped on her way to the door.

When she opened the door her body reacted first before her mind and she wrapped her arms around her. Risa hugged her back, knowing how much Alice missed her. The moment Alice hugged her Alice immediately smelled the alcohol in her scent and that got her worried.

“Where have you been?!” Alice yelled out in pain with her drunken voice.

“Alice? lasing ka?” she said sternly while lifting up her chin so they could make eye contact. She noticed that the chinita's eyes were barely open.