2.

The morning sun was just beginning to peek over the horizon when Ethan woke up. He felt comfortable and well-rested, but as he began to sit up, he realized he had messed his diaper during the night. A wave of embarrassment washed over him.

With a heavy sigh, he got out of bed, his sleeper sagging noticeably. He made his way downstairs, his cheeks burning with mortification. When he entered the kitchen, Jennifer looked up from her coffee and smiled. But her smile faded as she noticed Ethan's discomfort.

"Oh, Ethan," she said gently, her heart aching for her son.

"I messed up, Mom," Ethan admitted, his voice barely above a whisper.

Jennifer got up from her chair and moved to her son's side. "Ethan, it's okay. This is all part of the process. It's not your fault."

She led him back upstairs, helping him get cleaned up. She was careful and comforting, her actions soothing Ethan's embarrassment. Once he was clean, she helped him into a fresh diaper and a new onesie.

"Since we're staying home today, this onesie will be enough," she explained, as she finished fastening the snaps. "It'll make changing a little easier, too."

Ethan looked down at himself, tugging at the hem of the onesie. It was soft and comfortable, but he still felt a pang of embarrassment. "I'm sorry, Mom," he said, his voice thick with emotion.

Jennifer pulled him into a hug, holding him close. "Ethan, you have nothing to apologize for. This is a challenge we're facing together, remember? And we'll get through it, one day at a time."

Ethan nodded, resting his head on his mother's shoulder. "Okay, Mom."

The rest of the day passed in a calm rhythm, filled with laughter, movies, and homemade cookies. And through it all, Ethan felt secure in his onesie, his mother's love wrapping around him like a warm blanket. It wasn't a perfect situation, but it was their situation, and they were facing it together.

Ethan's mother noticed that he had spilled a bit on his onesie during lunch, so she approached him with a concerned look on her face.

"Oh, Ethan, you spilled some food on your onesie. Let me clean it up for you."

"Mom, I can clean it myself. I don't need your help."

"I know you're capable, Ethan, but I want to take care of you. It's important for me to help you when you need it. Let me wipe it off for you."

She grabbed a cloth and gently wiped away the mess, recognizing her teenage son's desire for independence but wanting to provide support nonetheless.

Ethan was still slightly reluctant: "Alright, Mom. Thanks for helping."

His mother smiled reassuringly, knowing that Ethan had been dealing with a lot of stress and challenges.

"It's alright, sweetheart. Accidents happen. Now, it looks much better. You should get some rest since you've had a long day. Nap time!"

Ethan nodded without protest and walked towards his room, feeling a bit tired and stressed. A nap would do him good he thought.

After his nap, Ethan woke up wet and messy, feeling very embarrassed about his bladder and bowel problem. His mother noticed his discomfort and approached him with a reassuring smile.

"How are you feeling, Ethan? Do you need a diaper change?"

Ethan said hesitating: "I don't want to be treated like a baby, Mom. I can handle it myself."

"I understand, Ethan," his mother replied, "but right now, this is what you need. It's not about treating you like a baby; it's about providing the care and support you deserve."