Chapter 22

With the arrest of Attorney General Johnston, Axel had rid the planet of the most influential Insurrectionists leaders leaving the rest to either go into hiding or try to return back to living a normal life under the Unified Earth Government.

No matter what they decided to do they now had no central leadership or help from the outside. Axel assumed most of the insurrectionists were captured or killed when he raided the final base and captured Colonel Watts.

While there would still be those who didn't like the UEG or the UNSC, there was nothing that could be done about that. But with the fall of the United Rebel Front those who disliked the UEG would have to live with their failure.

After arresting Attorney General Johnston, Axel had contacted Admiral Ross to report his success on Eridanus II.

"Sir, as the report says Colonel Watts is in custody alongside Attorney General Johnston who was abusing his power and allowing the insurrectionists to do whatever they wanted. And with them gone the insurrectionists won't be able to cause problem on Eridanus II for a while" Stated Axel.

Admiral Ross looked over the report which had files attached to it showing evidence of both Colonel Watts and Attorney General Johnston's association with the insurrectionists.

"Good Job Admiral, I will process this report and the two of them will be trialed. In the meantime I will let you get back to it as I know you have a lot of work to do" Said Admiral Ross.

Axel nodded as the call ended. Admiral Ross probably had a lot of work to do as well because of the significant amount of evidence that Axel presented to him to convict Colonel Watts and Johnston.

He was glad that he didn't have to spend that much time talking since he did have things to do.

Over the course of the next 5 days, Axel had spent much time ensuring the stability of the planet until a new Attorney General arrived. Colonel Watts and Johnston were already on a transport back to Earth where they would face a trial for all of their crimes.

On the 5th day the new Attorney General had arrived and Axel had handed over control of the planet to him. Axel addressed the people of Eridanus II to ensure that they were now safe from the threat of the insurrectionists and to also boost his reputation and fame among the people of the outer colonies.

He did a small speech which was attended by thousands and broadcasted across the planet to the others which was well received by the population.

Once the speech was over Axel didn't waste any time and had left for his ship which was docked at the spaceport above the planet.

The building which was transformed into a command building was already returned back to normal as the Marines and other specialists returned back to the battlegroup.

As his ship ascended, Axel had one last view of Eridanus II from his cockpit. He had succeeded in taking down the first insurrection group and now he was on to deal with the rest.

Transmissions from Earth arrived frequently now, updates about Colonel Watts and Johnston's trial. The evidence presented was damning and indisputable; both were found guilty on all charges and sentenced to imprisonment for life.

Meanwhile Axel was onboard his ship as the specialist were busy gathering information on the whereabouts of the next group.

The United Rebel Front was an organization that had been active on Eridanus II for years, so dealing with them wouldn't take long. But the other groups were different as some of them were active on multiple worlds.

And some of them were confused for Pirates.

There was a second group active in the Eridanus system called the Freedom and Liberation Party which were a much higher threat than the United Rebel Front because of their past actions.