8.

To say that I was tired would be an understatement

After sitting through hours of traffic and walking around the crowded mall getting pushed and shoved by random people I didn't know whether to feel exhausted, angry or committing murder.

The building was teeming with so many people it was as if ants had taken over the world.

On top of that some rude people shot me nasty looks even though they were the ones who bumped into me and left after muttering profanities under their breath.

I was fuming with anger. The heat and claustrophobia were getting too much for me to bear.

I trudged along like a zombie behind my mother while she battled indecision about what to buy and bargained about the prices with the staff.

" Which one do you think is better?" Ammu asked me as she held up two kameez which both looked the same to me.

" Just get any one please and let's go home." I whined quietly so the shopkeepers couldn't hear.

" You always behave like this when we come shopping Maha." Ammu scolded me.

" You know I don't like this crowded shop ! Plus you take so long to decide and I don't get why everyone has suddenly decided to come Eid shopping two months earlier just like you." I huffed as I tried fanning myself with my palms.

" Tch- I will not bring you along in the future."

" You always say that but end up dragging me along."

I was saved by my mother's wrath as she got distracted by someone behind me.

" Maria ! What a surprise!" Ammu yelled as she dodged me to greet her friend. " You're here for Eid shopping too ?"

" Yes Asha, I was planning to get the shopping done before every place got crowded but look at the state ! The place is buzzing with people even two months before Eid UL Adha." Asha aunty replied while shaking her head in dismay.

" Exactly! Imagine how much more crowded it will get as Eid approaches."

" True, on top of that I'm in another dilemma. I accidentally left my purse at home and only realized it when I reached the counter to pay. Standing in line for nearly half an hour all for nothing." Aunty sighed, her voice laid with exhaustion.

" Haye! That's so unfortunate. Let me pay -"

Aunty cut off my mother, " No it's okay! Besides, I've already lost my place in line. I have to stand again anyway. What did you purchase Asha ? And oh Maha! How're you doing dear ?" She asked as she came to hug me.

I returned her hug and said Salam to her.

" She's been whining for hours. This girl never wants to come shopping with me." Ammu complained while aunty laughed.