Foreword

...

Can’t you shut your mouth? How many times do I have to remind you that I don’t need you here, kaya tigilan mo na ako. Nakikita mo ba yung pinto? Pwede bang lumabas ka na?” Irene yelled, holding back her tears as she recalled all those memories that happened to their family.

M-mommy hindi ka na raw po kumakain sabi ni Daddy, baka po gusto niyo akong sabayan kumain? Nagluto p-po kasi ako ng soup para po mainitan yung sikmura para hindi na po kayo manghina,” Amora said and kneeled on the floor reaching her mother’s hand that she used to hold before but she failed. Irene slapped her, causing her to fall to the floor, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Pwede bang huwag mo akong tawaging mommy?! Dahil wala akong anak na katulad mo! Sinira moa ko, sinira mo yung pamilya natin! Kung hindi ka sana dumating edi sana masaya ang buhay naming ngayon! Umalis ka na, hindi kita kailangan!” Irene yelled, bursting into tears, feeling dizzy while holding a bottle of whisky in her hand and pointed her index finger at her daughter.

Sana nga ganon nalang yung binigay sayo ng tadhana dahil alam mo, mom? Pagod na rin akong umintindi sa inyo, sayo! Ginawa ko na yung lahat ng kaya ko, pero ano? Ni hindi mo man lang ako kayang pakinggan! Kasi ako pa rin yung mali! Ako lagi yung may kasalanan! Ano ba!” Amora answered back and leaned against the wall, questioning her existence and mistakes.

As time passed, Amora cried and cried while her mom suddenly fell asleep next to her.

Sana maramdaman mo na mahal na mahal kita kasi paano na kung mawala na ako sa tabi mo, mom? Wala nang hahalik sayo tuwing umaga, wala nang magluluto ng favorite mo, wala na rin yung kayakap mo. Huwag kang mag-alala hangga’t nandito mamahalin pa din kita mommy ko,” Amora said.

Giving her mom a kiss on her cheeks, noticing her mother’s beautiful face that resembled hers, a face to remember. She gave Irene a blanket, tidied the room, placed her mom on their bed, and then went outside.

A gorgeous rising sun meets a beautiful girl, Amora Genesis M. Araneta. The unica iha of Irene and Gregorio Araneta, the little baby sister of her older brother Luis and Alfonso. A girl who’s attached to her books, headphone, and study table. Serious, goofy, and devoted. A young lady that gets the highest honorable mentions, student board positions and the eyes of many gentlemen in school. A loving daughter that was sent from heaven, a true angel indeed.