03

....

I want you to pick up Amora from her school and bring her here to Ilocos. Sabihan mo na din ang mama mo na dito matutulog ang apo ko,” Ferdinand instructed him. Luis stood up, gazed at him, and frowned.

How about us, Papu?” he implied. “Dito nalang din kaya kami matulog. I’ll tell mommy, papayag naman ‘yon,” he added. Ferdinand thought it was a good idea.

"If that's the case, just bring your mom along to stay here too," he said.

"But before that, I want you, Luis Mariano, to pick up your sister; be there by 4 pm and wait until 5 pm," Ferdinand said. Luis nodded in agreement.

His instructions were strict and specific, especially since he was unaware that Amora had just taken a taxi and was being driven by Alfonso's girlfriend.

Papu, pano po ‘yong papers na ipapakuha niyo sa Kapitolyo? Dadaanan ko pa po ba ‘yon bago sunduin si Amora?” Luis asked. Ferdinand shook his head.

"No need, I already had your Mama Imee get them. You go ahead. Your trip will take longer than expected, so I suggest you head home now and inform your mother," Ferdinand said firmly.

"Mind the time, Mariano. It's better to be early than keep your sister waiting," Luis gulped, nodded, and left the living room, feeling slightly relieved after talking to Ferdinand.

Amora, on the other hand, passed the enrollment exam and will soon be starting at her new school, about to meet her new classmates. Alex held her hand.

"You're doing great, Mi Amor. I'll be in the parent's lounge. Good luck on your first day," she said, brightening Amora's day. Amora smiled, hugged her, and then walked into her new classroom with the principal by her side.

The principal's gesture slightly unsettled the teacher in the classroom. “Nandito na po ba siya?” asked the teacher. The principal nodded and motioned for her to approach her teacher.

"You must be Ms. Amora, the new transfer student," the teacher said. Amora nodded and smiled.

"Good afternoon, ma'am. Nice to meet you," Amora said shyly.

Gandang apo ni Apo Lakay. Please come in so I can formally introduce you to your new classmates," the teacher said.

Just then, the bell rang. Her teacher entered first, "Sit down, everyone!" she exclaimed, and the students followed suit.

I know most of you have obviously known each other since then, so please come in, Ms. Amora and please introduce yourself,” Ms. Abby, her teacher, said. Amora gave everyone a nervous smile.

Oh my gosh, Channie! She's the girl who bumped into you earlier at the cafeteria!" Krystal whispered. Chantal glared at her.

"Shut up, Krystal! How dare she be in the same class as me!" Chantal exclaimed, her eyes fixed on Amora.

Uhm, hi? I’m Amora Genesis Marcos Araneta. You can call me Amora and I hope na maging friend ko kayong lahat,” she said, bowing.

The other students whispered among themselves, making Amora feel intimidated.

Krystal asked, “Channie, same kayo ng last name, mag relatives kayo?” Chantal stretched her eyebrow.

Shut up! We’re not relatives. Baka nagkataon lang na pareho kami ng apelyido. Well, it’s not impossible, maraming Araneta sa mundong ‘to,” she hissed, taking another look at Amora.