02

...

She took a quick look at the picture of their family. Their family that was once full of happiness, filled with memories to which they gave so much attention and who they valued even when they dared to disagree, their family where their life began – but the love had already disappeared.

She scoffs as she scans the surroundings of their house. “This used to collect laughs, hugs, and kisses, but it’s all gone,” she muttered.

Heading to the kitchen to make breakfast, she remembered it was Monday, and she needed to enroll at her new school today.

Spotting her mother dressed in traditional attire, she smiled and approached her. She thought Irene would accompany her today as she had informed her last week.

Mommy, enrollment ko na po ngayon, sasamahan niyo po ba ak--?”

"No," Irene replied coldly as she walked away. “Sa piano recital tayo ng kambal, Kuya Jun. Sa Ateneo,” she informed the driver. Amora interrupted her.

"I have nobody to come with me, Mommy. Will you go with me? I informed you last week..." Amora pleaded, but Irene stared blankly at her.

"I never agreed. Please stop bothering me, Amora. You're ruining my day," Irene responded, leaving Amora with teary eyes.

"M-mom—"

Tara na Kuya June,” Irene told him and went inside the car.

Mag-isa na naman ako…” she murmured, masking a smile. She picked up the phone and dialed Alfonso's number. After three rings, he answered.

"Hello, Mi Amor. How are you? Nasa school ka na? Is Mommy with you?" Alfonso inquired. Amora wiped her teary eyes.

"K-kuya...Uh...Kuya, will you come with me?" she asked, her eyes welling up. Alfonso sighed, already knowing the answer.

“Mi Amor…hindi available si Kuya Fonso ngayon, e. I thought you already informed mommy about this?” He asked.

“Pumunta si Mommy sa piano recital ng kambal ni Mama Imee. Nagalit pa nga nung kinulit ko,” She replied. Alfonso sighed and considered accompanying her, but his schedule was too hectic.

“Teka, tanungin ko si Luis para masamahan ka sa enrollment mo. Hold on,” He replied.

“Luis busy ka ba? Samahan mo si Genesis sa enrollment niya ngayon. Walang kasama ang kapatid natin.” Alfonso said on the other line, which Amora overheard.

"Huh? I thought she already informed mommy?" Luis inquired.

“Pumunta sa piano recital ng kambal. Haist!” Alfonso groaned on the line.

"As much as I want to, I have to pass by the Capitol in Ilocos; Papu asked me to do something," Luis explained. Amora didn't insist further as she didn't want to bother her brothers.

Amora wishes to be independent in every way, but she is scared because of the bullying she has experienced at her previous school. Ngayong lilipat na siya sa bagong school niya ay ipinagdadasal niya na sana magkaroon siya ng katahimikan at magandang salubong.

“Mi Amor, are you still there? I’m sorry, hindi ka namin masasahan sa enrollment mo. Try to call Mama Imee or Mamu,” Alfonso suggested.