05

...

It was a peaceful morning in Ilocos, but the people inside and outside the mansion were lively. Just as Ferdinand had mentioned, Amora wasn't taken back to Forbes because aside from her passing out last night, Ferdinand also didn't agree to have the mother and daughter meet for the time being.

"Good morning, Papu, Mamu," Alfonso greeted them.

Kakagising mo lang? asan si Luis?” Imelda inquired. Luis went to Amora's room to check if she was awake before coming downstairs.

Chineck po si Amora sa kwarto kung gising na po. Kagabi pa po kasi ‘yon nag-aalala,” Alfonso replied.

Bakas sa mukha nito ang pag-aalala sa nangyari sa kapatid nila. They love Amora so much that they willing to sacrifice themselves just to protect her. They are down to each so happy that their parents gave them a sister like her.

Ano bang nangyayari sa mommy niyo, Alfonso? may nangyayari ba sa Forbes ng di namin nalalaman? Sige nga, tell me. I want to know everything,” Ferdinand pressed. Imelda shared the sentiment and was eager to understand the situation. Alfonso sighed.

"It started when Daddy left us. She's been treating Amora that way for years. While she cries out to you, she blames Amora when she comes home. Several times, Luis and I have discussed finding Daddy and having him take Amora with him because we're the only ones who feel sorry for our sister. Ilang bese na din naming nadadatnan na sinasampal ni Mommy si Amora. Papu, Mamu... we're helpless and can't do anything when Mom is hurting our sister. Sometimes, we notice bruises on her arms... We've kept silent about this and decided not to tell you because we're scared of what might happen," Alfonso revealed. Ferdinand and Imelda were left speechless, shocked by the revelation.

Anong sinabi mo? Sinasaktan ni Irene ang apo ko?” Ferdinand questioned. Alfonso nodded, bowing his head, clearly afraid at this moment.

"Why didn't you and Luis tell me about this, Alfonso?!" He shouted. Imelda quickly touched his hand to calm him down. Alfonso closed his eyes, gripping the chair tightly.

"You're helpless and feel like you can't do anything when you don't realize that we're here! You kept this from me. If you truly cared about Amora more than anyone else, you should have told us that your mom was hurting my granddaughter," he scolded him. Alfonso fell silent.

You feel sorry for Amora, but you never thought to come to us and tell us everything multiple times! Ngayon pa kung saan may nangyaring masama sa kapatid niyo? Kung hindi ko kayo tinanong kagabi malamang sa malamang wala kaming ideya na ganun na pala ang sinasapit ni Amora sa mommy niyo,” he expressed. Alfonso was unable to say a word.

"We didn't tell you because we were afraid things might escalate, the situation might get worse, and you might scold Mommy. We know you well, Papu, and knowing you scares us," Alfonso admitted, a tear escaping his eye.

"Do you think the situation won't escalate now that we know? Don't expect us to stay silent because I'm not going to overlook this, Alfonso. Ilang taon simula nung umalis ang daddy niyo? Matagal na at matagal na ding sinasaktan ni Irene si Amora,” he said. Nagkaroon naman ng katahimikan sa pagitan nila. “I want to talk to your mom,” he added.

Suddenly, they saw Imee walking with Rody. Ferdinand composed himself. Alfonso kept his head down. He wiped away his tears so that Imee wouldn't notice.

Goodmorning, pa, ma. Alfy andito ka pala,” Imee greeted them. Imelda kissed her cheeks, and Imee exchanged besos with Ferdinand. Alfonso looked up and respectfully greeted his Tita and Tito.