04

...

After the confrontation at Forbes, Luis, Alfonso, and Amora hurried to Ilocos without hesitation, leaving the mansion behind. Amora was quietly crying, pleading with Alfonso to return to Forbes, but she only received the cold shoulder from them.

Kung hindi ka titigil, hindi ka namin kakausapin. Gusto mo ba ‘yon?” Alfonso finally broke the silence. Amora continued sobbing and wiped her tears.

I just want to apologize to Mommy…” she replied softly, but Luis let out a heavy sigh.

You already did earlier, but what happened? Did she forgive you?” he inquired. “No! Instead, she asked you to leave her!” he added. Amora stayed silent as Luis was right.

Stop crying. We're on the way to Ilocos. If you don't want Papu to ask why you're crying and scold Mommy, you better wipe your tears and fix yourself,” Alfonso instructed her.

She immediately looked in the mirror to compose herself. There was silence in the car.

Luis said you were bullied, and someone ruined your airpod. Totoo ba?” Alfonso asked. Amora gulped, feeling anxious about the book.

She shook her head. “Aksidente lang ‘yon,” she replied. Alfonso lifted her chin to face him.

You're not good at lying. Now, tell me, who did it? Who ruined it?” he inquired. Luis listened while Amora struggled to speak.

I'm telling you, it was an accident,” she insisted. Alfonso composed himself.

An accident? And you don't even care? You never wanted us to touch it because it's Dad's last gift. And now that it's ruined, you're telling me as if it isn't sentimental,” he pointed out. Amora sniffed.

Okay, fine. I was bullied, happy?” she revealed. Alfonso's expression turned serious.

Yes, someone ruined my airpod. I did confront her, but she's just too ugh!” Amora expressed, rolling her eyes. The thought of Chantal's face irritated her. Luis chuckled.

She's what?” Luis teased, laughing and ready to rib her.

"Attention seeker," she replied plainly while munching on Doritos.

"Ma'am Abby wasn't satisfied with her answer earlier and even scolded her for gossiping," she added.

"So, you were bullied because she got praised by Ms. Abby?" Luis inquired. Amora nodded.

"That's why she ruined my things. She thought I was competing with her, but the truth is, I know the answer. I just responded directly. It's not my fault if her response was a clarifying question," Amora explained.

Hindi mag-aadjust ang utak ko para sakanya,” she added and sighed.

Oo nga naman. Nagrarant ka na niyan?” Alfonso asked, grinning.

"I'm not. You asked, so I answered," she replied, shutting them down. The two fell silent.

Mukhang hindi si Amora ang kausap namin ngayon,” Luis whispered, but Amora heard him and rolled her eyes. Chantal was getting on her nerves as time passed.

Hula ko inggit ‘yan!” Luis said.

Sinabi mo pa! Hindi naman big deal ‘yong pagsagot mo kanina. You simply responded to the question, received praise from Ms. Abby, and there's nothing wrong with that. She's just plain jealous. She could have added additional information to your answer.  Nako, mindset ba,” Alfonso stated. Amora and Luis agreed.