Chapter 3: Poppy Flower

"Hmmm," I muttered. "What's the matter?" Roger asked. He was just getting out the shower and I was sitting on our new living room couch thinking. "I think the squirt told sweetie by now." I replied. Roger laughs. "What's so funny?" I asked curiously. "You're gonna forever keep calling him a squirt huh?" Roger chuckled.

I take out a cigarette and light it. I inhale and exhale as I usually do and smile. "He will always be my little squirt. You know that."

"As she will always be my sweetie." Roger comments softly.

We both got lost in our thoughts thinking of the past. When I first met the squirt I was a young and hot headed gypsy woman that has the power to curse people and make them fall into deep slumber or deep despair.

My people would often tell me that I came from demons instead of gypsies. People would shout "die you cursed gypsy." "Or you're what's wrong with world. Things like you existing is a hindrance to the entire world." And don't get me started with the men that I slept with. But I didn't care about all that. All I knew back in my day was that if anyone was to mess with me they'll get it.

One night while working at a night club, I ran into a she wolf who was pregnant and was being harassed by one of our regulars. She was having a baby shower and he crashed their party. I went over to the section and to settle the matter.

"Y-you daammmn poppy woman," he stammered. He was bat shit drunk and was really dampening the mood so sent his ass packing. "You'll never be anything else in this world but a damn demon slut!" He shouted. The bouncers pulled him away but not before I cursed the bastard for all eternity.

Before I went back inside, the she wolf comes out to thank me. "Thank you so much for rescuing my party. Would you please come and join us?"

Her face was so beautiful with her soft honey hazelnut eyes and mahogany skin. Her belly was round which means she was due soon and if I was to say no I'm sure the water works would turn on. So I joined her and she asked me to come over to her house later that night. I agreed so I could protect her. And that's where I met Roger.

Roger was indeed a handsome fellow. Tall, muscular, with an impressive smile and an astonishing ass like no other. But what captivated me the most was his ability to love broken things.

He was there with his mistress from the witch community that was also pregnant. And he was her butler at the time. The witch's name was Cassandra and she was pregnant with her third daughter while the she wolf was pregnant with her second son and also third child. They both came to the sweetheart's house to spend some time together alone. And to talk about their pregnancies together.

The house, or should I say mansion was huge! It had four floors, a dozen bathrooms everywhere, in which is necessary for pregnant women. A huge basement, a wine cellar, an attic, a man cave for her husband and a woman's cave for her. I mean just one big ass Barbie dream house.

Since I've been working I started to smoke to relieve stress. So I asked the sweetheart to go outside for a smoke while the rest of them talked.

"The stars are shining brighter than usual," Roger commented. We were in the backyard gazing upon at the midnight sky. And he was indeed correct. The stars were shining brighter than usual. Maybe it was because I had a good view or maybe it was something else.

"You're right," I said. "They're really beautiful tonight."

"So how long have you known Katrina?" He asked.