Chapter 1: The Familiar Conversation

The classroom buzzed with the usual chaos of a self-study period—students slouched in their seats, half-heartedly chatting or pretending to study. The sun streamed through the windows, casting light that seemed too bright for anyone trying to focus, including Arzen.

Arzen's eyelids drooped, refusing to stay open despite his efforts to stay awake. His cheek pressed against something hard and cold—not exactly the soft pillow he remembered. As he blinked slowly, trying to clear his foggy mind, he realized he wasn't in his room.

'Great, probably drooled on my notebooks again.'

Arzen sighed, certain he'd simply dozed off in his room again. But why did everything feel... different?

The light filtering through the window seemed more intense, the air a touch too crisp, as if the very atmosphere had shifted just enough to make the familiar strange.

With a monumental effort, he forced his eyes open, linking furiously against the blinding light that was definitely not coming from his bedside lamp. Squinting, he tried to make sense of the blurry shapes around him.

'Hang on... since when did my room get a skylight?'

The room's atmosphere felt familiar yet wrong. Two students sat in front of him, lost in their own worlds—one babbling away like they were auditioning for a reality TV show, and the other absorbed in a book. Neither seemed to notice Arzen's increasing confusion.

The one-sided conversation started to drift into focus, bringing with it an odd sense of déjà vu. Something about it felt... off.

"I got another confession today."

"This is the third time this month."

"It's flattering, but it's also a problem. I wish they'd realize I'm not interested."

Arzen inhaled sharply and forced himself upright. His gaze fixed on the students, their words triggering a realization that made his blood run cold.

'This conversation...'

"Raizel? Are you even listening?"

'Raizel? That Raizel?'

Arzen's eyes darted to the speaker, a slender guy with a tiny, star-shaped mole under his left eye. It was so perfectly placed, like an artist had carefully painted it with meticulous precision. His slightly wavy black hair framed his face in that annoyingly perfect way that only fictional characters could pull off. The straight-cut bangs just above his eyebrows swayed slightly as he talked.

'Wait a minute... No way. This isn't happening... right? That star-shaped mole...'

Arzen's heart pounded as the realization began to take hold. He glanced at the other student, who was quietly absorbed in his book. This one had silky black hair, a muscular build, and a calm, detached demeanor—the kind that only characters in novels seem to have. His sharp eyes skimmed the pages, an action that could have seemed nonchalant to any observer, but there was something on his left wrist that caught Arzen's focus.

'That's...? No... He... He's really that Raizel August?! What the hell is going on?!'

Arzen's mind whirled as he tried to make sense of the bizarre reality before him.

'This has to be a joke...'

Clinging to that hope, Arzen shut his eyes tight, wishing he'd wake up in his own bed. But when he opened them again, the scene remained unchanged. The details were too sharp, too real to dismiss as just a weird dream.

Arzen could almost picture the extra chapter from the novel, the one where these characters were mentioned.

Bits and pieces of the chapter resurfaced in his mind.