Chapter 6: Following the Script of Fate

Alex shoved Mila to the ground without warning, his face twisted in a mix of anger and panic. He spun around to Carsel, eyes wide as he saw the fresh scratch marks across Carsel's cheeks. This was getting out of hand, and no one seemed to know how to stop it. Carsel just stood there, touching his cheek like he was checking if it actually hurt, confusion clouding his usually calm expression. Mila, still on the floor, blinked up at Alex, stunned, her hands gripping the tiles like she needed something solid to hold onto.

Meanwhile Arzen, clinging to the wall at a safe distance, watched the whole scene unfold. His heart pounded as Alex's anger filled the hallway like a storm cloud ready to burst. He shrank back, wishing he could just blend into the bricks. His fingers tapped nervously against the wall, his mind screaming to get out, but his feet glued to the spot. Arzen's eyes darted from Alex to Mila, back to Carsel, hoping he'd stay unnoticed in the background.

Alex's rage was on full display, his fists tight as he marched toward Mila, looking like he was ready to make things a hundred times worse.

"Mila, you're gonna pay for this!"

Alex snapped, his voice sharp and loud enough to make everyone flinch.

Carsel, normally the calm one, stumbled into action, reaching for Alex with a shaky hand.

"Alex, stop! Just forget it, please! Don't make it worse."

Carsel's voice was shaky, almost pleading, but Alex was too far gone to listen.

Before Alex could act, Mila's cousin rushed forward, dragging her up from the ground and shoving himself between her and Alex. He wasn't about to let things slide.

The hallway buzzed with whispers, students leaning in like they were watching the juiciest episode of a drama. Phones were out, thumbs poised to type the latest gossip into group chats.

"What the f*ck did you do to my cousin?!"

Mila's cousin demanded, his stance defiant, eyes blazing with anger as he squared off against Alex.

"You should ask her what she did to my friend!"

Alex shot back, pointing at Carsel, his finger trembling.

The crowd's whispers grew louder, fueled by the sudden drama.

"Look at his face! She attacked him!"

Alex's voice echoed through the hallway, his eyes narrowing as he stepped closer to Mila's cousin.

"That's just his karma for being a two-faced bitch and spreading rumors!"

Mila's cousin shot back, teeth clenched, ready for whatever came next. The crowd around them grew louder, voices clashing like a sports game where everyone was rooting for a different team.

"Oh my God, did Mila really do that?"

"Carsel's always been nice to her."

"Well, she's the illegitimate daughter, right? Guess that explains it."

Mila's face reddened at the cutting remarks, her anger mixing with the embarrassment of being called out in front of everyone.

Mila's face flushed crimson, a mix of anger and embarrassment as the insults sank in. She bit her lip, trying to hold back tears, her gaze dropping to the floor.

Finally, a stern-looking teacher bulldozed through the crowd, clipboard in hand, her expression like she'd seen this kind of mess a hundred times before.

"Carsel, Alex, Mila, and you!"

She pointed at Mila's cousin, her authority clear.

"Report to the teachers' office tomorrow morning!"