Chapter 4: A Day of Unexpected Encounters

Author's Note :

Arzen (Ahr-zen): An ordinary student who loves to write, transmigrated into the extra chapter of "I Become a Business Tycoon After I Regress."

Raizel August (Rai-zel Aw-gust): Adopted nephew of Devon August (the male lead of "I Become a Business Tycoon After I Regress").

Hanjun Lan (Hahn-jun Lahn): The Original Arzen's roommate and childhood friend.

Yuriel Harz (Yu-ree-el Harz): The Original Arzen's roommate.

Elden Desmond (El-den Dez-mond): The Original Arzen's roommate.

Carsel Lancel (Car-sel Lan-sel): Childhood friend of Raizel.

Alex (Ah-lecks): A student involved in a confrontation with Mila and Carsel.

Mila (Mee-lah): A student involved in a confrontation with Alex and Carsel.

Arzen's pen hovered over the notebook, the tip almost touching the page, when he noticed Carsel approaching. The classroom bustled around them, but Carsel's presence was like a sudden spotlight in Arzen's field of vision.

"Hi."

Carsel's voice was soft, almost hesitant, as he fiddled with the hem of his shirt.

"Do you know where Raizel is?"

Arzen blinked, momentarily caught off guard. He shifted in his seat, trying to gauge Carsel's intent.

"Raizel?"

The word left his lips slowly, almost as if testing it.

"He changed here, but I don't know where he went after."

Carsel's gaze lingered on Arzen for a moment before he nodded, stepping back.

"Oh, I see. Thanks."

Carsel moved away, his steps blending into the flow of the classroom. Arzen's eyes followed him, an uneasy feeling settling in his chest as he adjusted his position.

'Thank goodness, he's just asking about Raizel's whereabouts.'

Arzen exhaled slowly, feeling the tension leave his body. The brief encounter had shaken him.

The bell rang, and students hurried to their seats, the noise settling into the usual classroom buzz. Arzen looked up just as Raizel walked in, followed closely by Carsel, whose stiff shoulders and slower pace were hard to miss. There was a faint redness around Carsel's eyes, and his usually confident movements seemed restrained, almost robotic. Raizel, however, appeared completely unaware, his attention elsewhere as he moved to his seat.

The final bell of the day rang, and Arzen quickly gathered his things, keeping one eye on Carsel and Raizel as they packed up. He hesitated by his desk, pretending to organize his notes until they left the room.

On the walk back to the dorm, Arzen's thoughts spiraled. Carsel's tense posture, Raizel's indifference—it all played over and over in his mind.

'What happen between them?'

When he reached the dorm, the emptiness of the room greeted him. Arzen climbed onto his bunk, staring at the ceiling.

'That extra chapter... There was something about that guy who left with Raizel at the airport. But why can't I remember his name?'

He closed his eyes, trying to push the thought away, but the memory remained elusive, slipping further the more he tried to grasp it.

The door creaked open, and Yuriel walked in, bathed in the soft glow of the afternoon light. He noticed Arzen lying on his bunk, looking lost in thought, and couldn't help but wonder if something was on his mind. Arzen quickly sat up, brushing a hand through his hair—a gesture Yuriel had seen a hundred times, usually when Arzen was trying to pull himself together. Yuriel paused, sensing an odd tension in the room.