Chapter 4 Fitting In

When me, King, and Eda woke up we came to Luz writing on a big board and very busy.

"Uh, feeling okay, Luz?" King asked.

"I feel great," Luz answered. "Today's going to be a busy day of productive day of problem solving." She pushed the board away and ran up to us with a list. "Look."

"Successfully build a portal to the human realm, learn every glyph combination, figure out what  Belos is planning and show him what's for?" Eda listed confused.

"Look I already learned a new combo." Luz told us. "Excuse me Francois." She took Francois from King and attach a glyph to him. "I call it the safety hover." Luz lifted Francois into the air and it fell down then hover on the air before falling. 

(If you don't  know who Francois is, it is King's stuffed bunny.)

"Ooh! That'll work great when birds try to fly away with me," King said.

"And," Luz said kneeling down to him. "I'm already on my way to building a second door."

We look over to see Hooty carrying a bunch of tools then sneezed and fell. "Ow!"

"Yikes." I said.

The four of us looked at Hooty weirdly. "Uh, it's a work in progress." Luz said. "But look at this!"

"Did you steal my penstagram?" Eda asked.

"I borrowed it because I've got a  castle insider getting info on Belos." Luz answered. "Willow gave me Hunter's contact."

"Who's Willow and Hunter?" I asked King.

"Willow is Luz's friend and Hunter is the Golden Guard." He told me.

"Oohh."

She showed us a message convo with someone called RULERZREACHF4N. She put 'are you good now?'

'Is Belos evil?? You can tell me!'

'Also hi!'

'It's Luz!'

'😈⚡️🌷🌱🌈'

It showed this Hunter guy typing.

'LEAVE.ME ALONE'

Then there was a picture of a cute bird palisman. 

'sORry.wrong.person .,.'

"Hmm," Eda said. "You're avoiding something." She pointed at Luz. "Spill it."

"I am not!" Luz said shocked. Her face fell. "Maybe I am." She hands Eda the penstagram. "Okay I definitely am." She sat down. "Every year, me and Mom have this little ritual we do." Me and King sat down next to her and Eda put a jacket over her. "It's nothing big, I just miss her that's all." 

"What you need is a healthy distraction from your problems." King told her. "Like breakfast!"

"Yeah okay. I could go for a griffin egg!" Luz hugged King and they smiled.

They know how to cheer her up so well. I didn't even know what to do. 

I couldn't help but feel left out but I put it aside and tried to help make Luz feel better.

"Well let us know if you need anything okay." Eda told her.

"I'll meet you guys in the kitchen!" Luz called to us.

Me, Eda, and King started to head into the kitchen but then I heard something.

"Luz!" Said a girl I didn't recognize as she walked in. "I have a problem, am dit could distract all day!"