♠️𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖♦️ | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐞𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞

A/N : Sometimes, I wake up and I remember people can't read my mind and writing new chapters is useless if I don't post them. I wish I had those realisations more often, because my post schedule is in agony.

 I wish I had those realisations more often, because my post schedule is in agony

"I maintain that you should stay at the camp."

Usagi lets out another sigh while trying to push away Soraya who is clinging to her leg like a koala.

"Nope. We said we were coming too, so we're coming. Right Y/N?"

You nod to Usagi as Soraya emits a "ha!" victorious.

Today is the day Usagi's visa expires. She was kind enough to wait the two days of latency when she could have played, for the benefit of teaching you things. Although she didn't say it, you know it's in case she dies. Despite her speech about not getting attached, you can see that she is infatuated with Soraya too.

Except that this little one has her own way of loving which consists of tracking the people she likes. So there's no way she'll let Usagi go play alone, even if her own visa still offers a few days of peace.

This time you agree with her. Usagi not only saved you, but she also taught you a lot. You didn't yet have the opportunity to repay her for what she did for you. Playing with her seems like the least you can do.

You have developed signals to be able to communicate with each other. You taught them emergency messages in sign language and you set up a light code system. You also have some alert words and sounds. Means of communication that are both loud and quiet may be useful depending on the situation.

You also pooled your respective strengths. Usagi is a climber, she is agile and muscular. Soraya can sneak around anywhere and she has great emotional manipulation skills. For your part, you have an excellent memory and (according to Soraya) great intelligence. You don't know exactly where she got that from, but she seemed so sure of herself that you ended up believing it too.

You pick up your bag and throw it over your shoulder, seeming to say "let's go". Usagi lets out another exasperated sigh but sets off.

Thanks to your crutch, you can move faster than before. You're still a little slow but Soraya makes sure you don't stay behind by taking your free hand then Usagi's.

With her other hand, Usagi lights the path with her flashlight. Soraya takes the opportunity to spot roots and other obstacles to prevent you from tripping over them. She takes her role so seriously that it's adorable to watch.

Usagi slowed down her walking speed to allow you to follow. You do your best not to be a burden, but with your injured leg and your lack of activity in recent years it is impossible for you to stay at her level.

You leave the park to reach the abandoned city. The lights of a building appear on the horizon.

Like previous games, you feel the anticipation building with each step. Soraya's hand crushes yours with an unexpected force.