skyfall

House Blackwood
Watching eyes, hidden strength.

let the sky fall

let the sky fall

There was power in notoriety, in legacy.

Targaryen, Lannister, Baratheon, Stark, Tyrell, Martell—all houses bold and strong and feared, if not respected. There was not a soul in the Seven Kingdoms that did not know of their history, their heroes, their riches or war victories, their rule and that brought influence.

The Blackwoods did not have that same benefit throughout the realm. A smaller house, vassals to House Tully in the riverlands, they were often recalled by common man for their centuries long feud with the neighboring House of Bracken or the dead weirwood tree and its many ravens in the center of Raventree Hall.

That, within itself, was their power.

The ability to hide within the shadows, to watch and listen, to influence out of sight. Few remembered the Blackwoods rule in the North before the Starks, just like few remembered their connection to the Old Gods and the Gods of men, the Targaryens. But the powerful remembered, they dared not to forget the capabilities of the ravens.

—Years ago, the balance scale was offset, power within the realm destabilized.

The rough tides and wild winds were transformed into a never ending cyclone, trapping in anyone within its reaches. A new king was crowned and yet the storm continued, winding and winding, becoming stronger and stronger. The scale has not yet balanced. And the ravens found themselves caught flying right in the middle of it.

Alysanne Lannister was, by all accounts, a lion.

When Melissa Blackwood bore six children, each entered the realm with the various dark shades of hair familiar to the Blackwoods, descendants of First Men. The Lannister line was no match. Until Alysanne.

Borne the last of seven, she was the only one of Melissa Blackwood and Alastor Lannister's children to be gifted the infamous golden blonde hair. Finally, one child was more lion than raven.

Alysanne was Tywin Lannister's pride.

Theomar, his eldest grandson, would likely be his heir and Joanna, his eldest granddaughter, would be his political advantage through marriage, but Alysanne—she'd carry on the Lannister legacy, strengthen it. He would make sure of it.