spinach

emi groans as her loud alarm goes off, today was the first day of school. she always dreaded the first day, she had to get up extra early to get to kaito's middle school on time, drop him off, talk to the teaher, and then take the 10 minute walk to her school, now 20 since u.a was a bit further from the other schools. with another groan she sits up, throwing one of her stuffed animals at kaito, who was sleeping soundlessly on the hedges across the room.

the 13 year old jolts awake, making emi giggle. "get up loser. start getting ready, go brush your teeth, wash your face and then change into your uniform" "yes mother" kaito sarcastically replies, making the older smile sadly. emi then jumps out of bed, exiting their room and walking down the hall of the orphanage, entering the girls bathroom and going towards her mini locker, grabbing her toothbrush, toothpaste, face wash, and moisturizer.

10 minutes later emi walks out the bathroom all freshened up, she walks back into the room and notices kaito isnt back yet. she takes this chance to put her uniform on, chucking her pajamas onto her bed and slipping into the u.a uniform. she puts a pair of white socks on and throws her pink converse on. she grabs 2 mini hair ties and 2 pink bows, looking in the mirror near the door and tying 2 tiny ponytails on top of her head, clipping the bows on.

kaito then enters, yawning. "hey since im ready, imma go ahead and grab a granola bar and a yogurt cup from the kitchen" emi says, grabbing her pink backpack and exiting the room.

- - -

the walk to kaito's school took less time than she thought, allowing them to arrive 6 minutes earlier than what emi had originally planned. the 2 takahashi's enter through the schools metal gates, "so kaito, what teacher do you have?" "koichi" emi nods, looking at the signs, "looks like the year 2's are upstairs. lets hurry up so i wont be late."

moments later, emi is watching kaito conversate with some classmates from the previous years as she herself talks to his teacher. "he's a good kid, our parents tried to teach us wrong from right, but recently he's been in this rebellious phase, with no one besides me to influence him, it gets a bit hard to manage him all the time" emi tells the woman, laughing a little. " if you ever have problems with his behavior please feel free to contact me, my number should already be in the school's system, but incase its not here" emi hands the woman a sticky note, "i know this may be asking for too much, but if you do need to ever contact me, please try texting me first. i myself am a student at u.a high so i wont always be able to answer calls" the older lady smiles, "of course sweetheart, i understand" "arrigato, now i really must go before im late. bye kaito, have a good first day of school!" the teen exclaims, waving at the other teen. the boy gives her an encouraging smile, "you'll do great, onichan!," he says, his eyes shining with admiration. "behave!" the girl sternly says, pointing a finger at him before exiting the classroom.

around 20 minutes later emi arrives at u.a, entering the school with a big smile plastered on her face. she roams the halls looking for class 1a, coming face to face with a huge door. dramatic much she thinks before slipping inside the classroom. it was 8:15 yet the classroom was already almost filled, "your old school shove a stick up your ass? or were you born with it?" EH!? emi walks in with a puzzled look. she continues to stare at the bizarre interaction, taking a seat next to a red, spiky headed boy and behind a purple haired girl. "hello! im eijiro kirishima, its nice to meet you" emi smiles at the red head, "im emi takahashi, its nice to meet you too!"

the spiky haired boy continues to make jabs at the blue haired boy, rolling his eyes when the sophisticated boy walks over to a boy at the door. emi inspects his reaction, spiky was glaring daggers at spinach over there. "dont like spinach hair or what?" emi jokes, smiling at the spiky haired boy. "tch-" the boy scoffs, rolling his eyes, "something like that" he adds, glaring at the wall in front of them. emi takes that as a sign to leave him alone, conversing with kirishima instead. "soooo, kiri, can i call you that? you can call me hashi in return! kirishima just seems soooo long" emi asks, dragging out to 'o'. "yeah of course hashi!" the boy exclaims, making emi smile.