28. Your Eyes Tell

"You look handsome in a suit."

Day raised an eyebrow, discreetly concealing his flushed face, "Ah, so I don't look handsome in anything else?"

Mhok smiled, "You're more on the adorable side every day, however," Mhok leaned to whisper in his ear, "In a suit, you look exceptionally handsome."

Day lightly pushed him away, "P'Mhok, there are people around us."

"Oh really?" He stepped back, "Then how will I kiss you if you're worried about people seeing us?"

"Simple," Day shrugged, "Just don't kiss me then."

Mhok huffed and pouted, "Alright then."

"Aw, is someone's mad?" Day scooted closer to him, trying to console him.

"Fine, you can do it," Day added, "Still mad?"

Mhok could never be upset with his sweet boyfriend - now fiancé. Still, he pretended to sulk some more.

"P'Mhok," Day called out to him in a smooth voice that he knew would always work.

Mhok smirked and turned to Day, "I'm not mad, alright." He booped Day's nose.

Day smiled and held his soon-to-be husband's hand, "Is it time now?"

Mhok checked his watch, "Almost."

"Then, let's get back." Day held his hand.

"Wait!" Mhok grabbed the camera that hung around his neck, "Let's take some photos."

Day put his hand forward, touching the camera, "You had it all this time. I can never predict the things you carry."

He smiled sheepishly, "It's our special day. Of course, I'll bring the gift my lover gave me."

"We have already organized a photography group- "

"This is different, Day."

Day shook his head, with a small smile, "Okay. Whatever you say, Phi."

"Alright," Mhok took a few steps back, "Strike a pose, Day."

Day did a V sign with both his hands, making Mhok chuckle. He captured that moment in his camera and his memory. The beautiful sunset and the wedding decorations behind Day made the photo look immaculate.

He took some more pictures of Day, "Okay then, let's go."

"Let's take a photo together," Day suggested.

Mhok shrugged, "Sure." He came closer to Day and wrapped an arm around him. He turned the camera towards themselves, taking multiple pictures.

With hand in hand, they walked back to the wedding venue. It was Day's idea to hold a beach side wedding, and it was Mhok's idea to conduct it in the evening. The planning and preparation for the wedding lasted for about a month even with the help of their parents.

Slow and melodious music was playing when they reached there. There weren't many guests around; only their parents, Derek, Mhok's employees, the priest, and the event management team.

They walked down the aisle together and mounted the stage. Mhok glanced at the joyful faces gathered in front of him.

Even with the enforcement of the marriage equality law in their country, they still had trouble finding a liberal priest who was ready to conduct a homosexual wedding. Somehow, they found this priest only a few days ago.

The wedding commenced with the priest performing rites and rituals, and it concluded with the lovers exchanging vows and rings.

Mhok turned Day towards him and placed a kiss on his forehead, making the crowd cheer.

"Why do you look surprised?" Mhok whispered to him, "Oh, did you want it on your lips instead?"

"Stop teasing me," Day shoved him back lightly.

"Alright, my love."

"Okay, shut up." Day held his hand, and Mhok held back his laugh.

They descended the stage to greet the guests. Their parents were so happy for them, and that was enough. Derek approached them after they were done conversing with their family.

"Congratulations, you both!" He shook both of their hands, "I'm glad I arrived on time."

Derek had landed back only a few hours ago due to his tight schedule, but he still managed everything. He was only a little taken aback when Mhok invited him to their wedding because he had always speculated that something was brewing between them from the moment he saw them together.

A bark startled them. "Oh, look! Hazel wants to congratulate you both as well." Derek took him in his arms. Hazel had grown quite a lot, but he didn't mind it at all.

For the first time, the three men had a cheerful moment together. It lasted for a few more minutes until Derek announced that he had to return that night itself.

"I guess it's time then," Derek forwarded his hand out again, but this time, Mhok pulled him in for a hug. An embrace to mark the start of their blooming friendship.

"Until next time," Derek smiled, giving a quick hug to Day as well.

"Bye, Derek." He left after that.

Within some time, all the other guests began to leave after congratulating them. The wedding venue was close to Day's hometown, so Mhok's parents, Mhok and Day, were staying at Day's parents' house. Since they were to meet at home anyway, both of their parents left the venue.

When they made sure that no more people were around, they hit the beach again. Mhok slipped off his black blazer along with his shoes and helped Day in doing the same.

"Let's go!" They rushed towards the water.

The scenario was similar to the time when Mhok proposed Day. Nothing had changed between them. If anything, they had only grown closer with time.

Mhok splashed water onto Day's face, and Day returned the gift. The sky had turned dark; the only source of light came from their wedding lighting.

Mhok pulled Day against him, making him gasp at the sudden proximity.

"P'Mhok- "

"I love you, Day."

Mhok had already said it a hundred times before, but it still made Day's heart flutter with the same intensity.

Day smiled and rested his arms on Mhok's shoulders, "I do love you as well."

He stared into Day's love-filled eyes for the longest time, reveling in its unmatched genuinity before he leaned in. No matter how many times he had he kissed Day, his fondness for Day's physical features never dwindled once. However, his love for Day's soul was above it all.

"I wish I could keep you happy forever," Mhok announced as they parted.

"Aren't you sweet?" Day smiled.

He wrapped his arms around Day's waist, pulling him closer. Mhok then kissed both of his eyes that remained shut.

"Day."

"I wish I could show how much I love you, P'Mhok."

Mhok smiled at him fondly, "I already know."

"How?"

"Your eyes tell."