CHAPTER 2: Back to:0

Chapter 2

Back to:0

"Something horrible," Kageyama whispered and then closed his eyes.

The clock struck close to midnight in the hospital. Kageyama had no idea how he got here, he didn't even remember walking through the corridors. He heard his own breathing and Iwaizumi's – his own was more controlled, to his surprise.

The beeping sound of Iwaizumi's vital signals were somewhat calming to Kageyama. Iwaizumi didn't let go his hand– their fingers were still intertwined. The older boy gave more strength to his hold.

It made Kageyama open his eyes and face reality.

"Kageyama," Iwaizumi began, shaking Kageyama out of his own world. "What's wrong?"

"...You monster..."

Kageyama let out a deep breath and turned around to look for a chair for him to sit down – without letting Iwaizumi's hand go –, and when he found one he pulled it close to the hospital bed and sat down.

Iwaizumi's hospital room was clean, surrounded by deep blue walls, and flowers on the nightstand. Kageyama also saw some gifts, food, and drinks.

It made him realize something.

His heart stopped as he turned back to look at Iwaizumi's soul line. It wasn't grey.

It

was not

grey

anymore.

White means protector, the utmost protection.

Kill one to save another.

"You saved him," Kageyama realized, his voice was out of this world. "You saved Oikawa."

Iwaizumi has white soul.

Like him.

Iwaizumi's eyes widened and his hold got stronger, it almost broke Kageyama's hand as he leaned up from his bed and got closer to him. "Kageyama," Iwaizumi echoed his tone, "you did this, didn't you?"

Iwaizumi won't have powers because Kageyama has them. Iwaizumi won't have powers because Kageyama can only give powers to those who killed someone else and not themselves in order to protect.

So that would mean Iwaizumi couldn't see souls.

Kageyama's whole world stopped at a halt.

But Iwaizumi still had a white soul.

As if all the clocks forgot how to work, as if every traffic in this world vanished from all the roads. His sight turned blurry as he tried to get out of Iwaizumi's hold, but he didn't let him go.

Could it be–

"I know you did, you don't feel human to me and I have no idea why," Iwaizumi began with a strong voice with fearless eyes. "I don't know Kageyama, since I woke up after my suicide everything became easier and lighter, it was–"

Could he talk to another white soul–

And before Kageyama knew it, his voice began to sing like a bird on the first day of spring. "I created it for you and Hinata because Oikawa had the darkest soul I have ever seen and I knew he would kill himself, but you were grey and I can only give greys a time loop–"