Part-7

Jungkook was sitting in his room when his father called him downstairs.

The serious tone in his father's voice immediately put him on edge. As he entered the living room, he saw his parents seated, their expressions grave.

"Jungkook, we need to talk," his father began.

"I've made a decision that affects your future. I took a significant amount of debt from Mr. Kim, Taehyung's father, and now we need to repay it. The only way to settle this debt is through marriage."

Jungkook's eyes widened in shock. "Marriage? To Taehyung? But... we’re just schoolmates.

"His mother reached out, trying to comfort him.

"We know this is sudden, but it's the only way. Taehyung's parents have agreed to this arrangement."Jungkook felt a wave of anger and helplessness.

"You can't just decide this for me! It's my life!"His father's face hardened.

"We don't have a choice, Jungkook. This is the only way to keep our family afloat."Jungkook stormed out of the room, his mind racing.

How could his parents do this to him? He didn't want to be tied down to a future he had no say in.

At school, Taehyung received similar news from his parents. The normally cheerful and lively boy was uncharacteristically quiet.

He couldn't wrap his head around the fact that he was expected to marry Jungkook, a classmate he barely knew outside of school.

The next day, during lunch, Jungkook and Taehyung found themselves sitting together, away from their usual groups of friends.

The air was thick with tension."So... our parents have made quite the decision," Taehyung started, trying to break the ice.

Jungkook's anger was barely contained. "Decision? More like a decree. I don't want this, Taehyung. I’m being forced into it."

Taehyung sighed, looking equally troubled. "I know. It's not ideal for either of us."

Jungkook shook his head. "No, it's not. And I won’t go through with it. I refuse to be part of this arrangement."

Taehyung looked at Jungkook, understanding his frustration. "We need to find a way to talk to our parents, make them see that this isn't right for us."

Despite the awkwardness, they decided to join forces to confront their parents. They began to meet regularly, not to get to know each other better, but to strategize on how to get out of the arranged marriage.

Weeks passed, and the initial shock was replaced with determination. Jungkook and Taehyung presented a united front to their parents, explaining their reluctance and the unfairness of the situation.

They emphasized their own dreams and aspirations, hoping to sway their parents' decision.

One evening, as they were walking home from school, Taehyung turned to Jungkook. "Do you think they’ll listen to us?"

Jungkook sighed, still feeling conflicted but resolute. "I don't know, Taehyung. But we have to try. We deserve to make our own choices."