Prolouge - Mother and Son

On the road on the country side drives a black and blue vr. Inside the vr is a woman in her mid 20s with brown beautiful hair and green eyes.

Her name is Lia Rosegarth and Sitting in the back of the rv is a young boy.

The boy has black hair and two different coloured eyes. One blue and one red with the red one having a slit pupile.

The woman adjusted the drive view mirror to look at her boy as He were happily drawing. She smiled and says to her boy with a smile.

"Doing alright back there, Kiddo?" The boy looks up at his mother and says with a smile. "Yup, how far until We reach the campsite?"

The woman looks at him and says as She grabs a can of soda in the cup holder. "I think we reach the campsite by tonight, are You excited to see all Your friends again, Ben?"

Ben gave her a nod and says as He kept on drawing. "Yes, I cant wait to see them! And I cant wait to play with them again!"

She smiled at how excited her boy is at spending time with his friends. They come to Sunveil every summer and goes back home before Ben starts school.

Every year, Ben is very sad to leave the friends He made at the camp. And He really wished He could go visit them every day but cant.

Since they live in another part of the country and it takes five hours to drive back and forth to the campsite. And they don't have enough time or money to make that drive every single day.

And poor Ben don't have any friends back home since they think his eyes are weird. And it makes him a bit sad and it breaks Lia's heart to see him so sad.

But what Ben didn't know at the time is that his mother has a little surprise for him. And She intends to tell him when they reach the campsite.

But first they need to make a stop at the gas station to fill up the tank. She makes a right turn and drives into the gas station that has a diner next to it.

Lia puts the car in park next to one of the pumps and goes out of the rv with her son. Upon entering inside the station the clerk looks at her and says.

"Howdy! What can I help You with , Miss?" The young mother looks at him and says with a smile as Ben went to look at the snacks.

"I just want some gas, please and..." Lia paused when Ben came back with a few bags of his favourite snacks and drinks. And told the clerk with a smile as little ben giggled a little.

"And the stuff my son just put on the counter..." The clerk gave her a smile and told her the price for the gas and the snacks.

She paid for it all and then went out of the store with her son happy as a lamb. As a man rode into the parking lot on a four wheeler wearing a leather jacket and combat boots.

He stopped in front of the dinner and took off his helmet revealing his scarred face. And brown eyes as his ginger hair reaches his ears.

Ben hid a little bit behind Lia as the man turned his gaze towards them. And began to make his way towards them while Lia were on high guard in case He tried anything.

The man looks at Lia and Ben and tells them with a deep gruff tone in his voice. "You two new here? I don't think I have seen You here..."

Lia looks at him and says with a small smile. "No, We are just passing through and heading to Sunveil..." The man looks at her and says with a calm look on his face.

"Sunveil? So You and Your little brother are going camping there?" Lia looks at him and says still smiling.

"Yes and this is my son..." The man looks at her and says with a raised eye brow. "Your son? I apologize I thought that..."

Lia looks at him and says as Ben kept hiding behind her. "No, its fine I had quite a few people making that assumption many times before.

So no harm done." He looks at her and says as Lia began to fill up the tank on the rv. "I'm glad I haven't offended You, Ma'me...

And You said that You're going to Sunveil?" Lia turns to look at him and says with a wary look on her face. "Yes, why do You ask?"

The man looks at her and says with a serious look on his face. "The road that goes to Sunveil is blocked off because of an accident that happened earlier today.

It's a bit difficult to move all the cars out of the road since its dangerously close to the edge. I suggest taking the old road to Sunveil..."

Lia looks at him and says with a wary look on her face. "How do I know that You're not tricking me and my boy into the woods, so You can do god knows what?"

The man looks at her and said. "I am not that kind of person that tricks a mother and child into the woods to rob them,

If I were I wouldn't be talking to You right now. Besides, I don't think my commanding officer would be too pleased if I did such a thing to civilians..."

Lia has a look of surprise on her face hearing him tell her this and says. "You're in the military? What rank?"

The man looks at her and tells her his rank and what battalion He served in. Which made Lia have a look of sadness in her eyes because her brother was in the same battalion when He died.

The man looks at her and says with sympathy. "Sorry for the loss of Your brother... If You like, I could show You the way through the old road.

I am heading the same way and make sure that You and Your boy heads to Sunveil alright." Lia looks at him and says with a small smile.

"you sure? I don't want to waste Your time, Mr..." He gave her a smile and says. "Jason, Jason Savorska and You wont be wasting my time.

Besides I be a bit late to the base anyway, so its alright." Lia looks at him and says with a small smile. "Oh, well thank You that's kind of You, Mr Sarvoska..."

Jason looks at her and says. "Just call me Jason, I be showing You two the way in a minute. I have to get some food from the diner, do You two want anything?"

Lia looks at him and says with a small smile. "No its quite alright, We have food in the camper. And we don't mind waiting for You to show us the way."

She turns to Ben and says with a gentle tone in her voice. "Is it alright if We wait for a bit, honey?" Ben looks at his mother and says with a shy smile on his little face.

"I don't mind mama..." Jason looks at Lia and Ben and tells them that He wont be gone long. And came back as soon as Lia finished filling the tank on the rv.

Then they went back on the road with Jason showing them the way. As the night came they kept on driving until they reached the old road which lead into a dark forest.

Ben was vast asleep on the passenger seat as Lia dove after Jason on the old road. They kept on driving until a loud crash was heard and Jason's four wheeler were turned over.

Lia stopped the vr and has a look of confusion on her face and was about to stop driving. When something appeared in front of the rv like a flash of lighting.

Lia tried to stop the car to prevent hitting whatever had just appeared in front of the car. But couldn't and hit it and drove into a tree and Lia hit her head on the steering wheel and lost consciousness.