• t h i r t y t w o •

THE HIGHEST PEAK IN THE MONGOLIAN MOUNTAINS WAS WREATHED IN CLOUDS

THE HIGHEST PEAK IN THE MONGOLIAN MOUNTAINS WAS WREATHED IN CLOUDS. THE X-JET LANDED. THE DOOR SLOWLY OPENED.

Storm stepped down. She looked out, her eyes went white. The clouds cleared to show them that they had arrived at an ancient monastery built into the side of the mountain.

Behind Storm, a wheelchair hoovered down. Professor Xavier joined her. Then, the last two members of their group joined them; Logan and Magneto.

The four of the stood side by side, looking up at the ancient fortress. They took a few steps forward, but Xavier slowed in his wheelchair. He was tense. "We're surrounded."

There were mutants hiding behind walls and columns. The X-Men were alive again.

"Let's see if there's any metal in the group..." Magneto raised his hand and all of the metal started to shake on the mutants, rattling, revealing them.

WHHM! Blink appeared right behind Magneto with a sharp dagger pressed firmly to his neck. SNNK! Logan snapped out a claw.

"I think enough mutant blood has been spilled already." Xavier calmly spoke.

"We'll be the judge of that." Bishop stepped out. The rest of the X-Men emerged around him.

"You could've led the Sentinels here in that thing." Blink motioned towards the X-Jet.

"The jet is made with stealth technology, impossible to detect." Xavier reassured her.

"Not impossible." Warpath shrugged his shoulders as he joined Bishop.

"I know who you are. I've heard stories about you." Bishop gave a little chuckle, looking to Xavier and Magneto. "And from what was told, you two weren't exactly on the same side."

"We're all on the same side now." Logan retracted his claws.

They all heard a familiar voice. "Professor. Storm." They turned to see Bobby and Rogue walking towards them.

"Bobby. Rogue." Storm smiled at them.

They were soon joined by the rest of the X-Men, bar one; Grace.

"How did you all survive?" Logan asked, turning to Bobby.

"We didn't." Bobby shook his head as steps were heard from behind them.

Grace started to walk down the steps towards them. "John." Logan said quietly, as Bobby nodded his head. Magneto sighed, remembering his once ally.

"Professor." Grace took a deep breath. "You got my message."

Xavier nodded, giving Grace a small smile.

"Hey, kid." Logan called out to her. Grace didn't reply to him, just glared.

"Grace..." Xavier read her mind, realising..." It's true." His voice went soft.