Chapter two: A Family

All of this time, I felt like I was alone. But now, when I had a family, I was still not fully happy. I don't know what possibly could be missing. I had a purrfect life! But it just seemed incomplete after my parents' death. I was still bummed out about it. Even though I knew that I didn't have to worry about it anymore. I kept meowing to myself that it didn't matter to me. And, around Alicia, I kept a fake smile plastered on my face. I wanted to not care about my real parents because they abandoned me, what if they had no choice? Then, the next second I went back to hating them. For weeks I couldn't get them out of my mind. So, I went out to find the reason.

remembered only some things when I went to their friend's house. It was a red roofed house with a bunch of Christmas decorations. Like, it was ONLY june. Anyways, when I went to the front door, it was filled to the brim with chains. I was a little confused, but my guts told me to go in. After I went into the cheery looking house, I saw that it was abandoned. It was covered in cobwebs and spiders that gave my chills. I hope that this wasn't a bad decision, I said to myself.

    After looking around the abandoned house, a lot of paranormal things started to happen. Like the windows started rustling, and the doors started creaking. I was frightened by all the sounds but I pressed forward. I was always on edge while all the racket was behind me. I didn't feel safe here like I did with Alicia. I felt like I was back on the street. And those were NOT pretty memories.

    Every second, moment, hour, I never felt safe. Not one bit! But then, I found an old woman, knitting in this abandoned house, all alone. I knew I shouldn't have gone in the room, but a strange force was pulling me closer. When the force stopped and my brain caught up with me, I saw that I was sitting on the woman's lap. Though, I didn't feel any motion. I hoped that I was just dreaming but I wasn't. I thought so many things at that moment, and I gasped with fright. She was dead. I kept saying to myself "it's okay, she's not dead, umm, everything is FINE." But my mind was final. She WAS dead. I don't know how I saw her moving, but I was very frightened. I guess I was imagining it. I ran out of the house as fast as I could. And I have never been there since.

    After "The incident" i started seeing some weird and strange things. I felt like everything around me was off. Even when I went to my favorite bakery where the lady would always make snacks, she just left the food and looked at me blankly. There was no affection or anything. I knew something was off but I left it behind and just continued to trot along the sidewalk. But, merely 2 weeks later, that was the last straw. I went to the side of the road when I saw there was a big crowd of people outside the baker lady's door. Lets just call her Ms. Baker. But, when I went to the crowd, I felt all the thoughts about my parents rush back to me. I didn't know when I thought of them last, but they came crawling back into my brain.

    I understood. For some reason Ms. Baker was related to them. Didnt know why i didnt notice that my old mother and Ms. Baker looked so similar. OF COURSE! They were twins! I remember when I was little I overheard my mom talking about some lady I've never met. And, after I knew that she was my aunt (sort of) I ran in there but there was no reply. If something happened to her, I wouldn't know what to do anymore. She is probably the only family member I can think of.

    I went back to the apartment, feeling devastated. With all the commotion in my head, Alicia immediately knew what was wrong. She sat down and looked in my deep blue ocean eyes. "What's wrong sweety?" That's what she always told me when something was bothering me. And before I knew it, I was bawling my eyes out to her. Explaining everything I thought and what was going on in my mind. Of course she didnt understand me, but she comforted me the only way she could. Cuddle. I forgot about Alicia with all this stress about my family and all the other things. But, I couldn't leave this all behind. It's like she knew what I was talking about. And, surprisingly, she said "Go love. I know you can do great things. You are the most important cat in the whole wide world. But, I'll always be here if you need me. I love you." and when I said my goodbyes (which she still couldn't understand) I knew this was going to be an adventure.