Chapter three: The woods

Even if I missed Alicia, I knew I had to find more about my past. I walked into the tall redwood trees, looking forward to all the nature. It was a nice change from the smoky city air. If there was one thing I did miss when I was a stray, it was that the sky would always encourage me to press forward. And the beaming rays of the sun would warm my fur and give me tingles. I had to keep pressing forward to my real mission. To find any family I had left.

I don't know why I still cared about them. They abandoned me and I felt like I was betrayed. But, at the same time, I felt like they had reasons for putting me out on the streets. I kept doubting myself and trying to turn back. But then the other half of my brain would press me forward telling me that "you can't stop now! Just a couple of more miles!" but they never stopped. And after almost a week, I almost gave up searching when I found a little wooden cabin, and inside was an old looking man, who had shaggy clothes, and a great white beard. I walked closer to him with caution and then I heard a woman telling his name. John. Why have I heard that name? But I still sneaked in next to the fire when I slowly closed my eyes, and drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up to the smell of fresh fish. And when I looked up, I saw the same white bearded man as earlier and a woman that looked just like my mother but older. I remembered her warm green eyes, and I wanted to ask them who they were, but decided against it. I knew that if I told them anyways, they wouldn't understand me. And as if reading my mind, the woman answered "Hi darling. My name is Patricia. And this is my husband John. I say, you look alot like the kitten my daughter adopted. Wait. I know those warm blue eyes. You are! Where is my daughter? Do you know? And the first thing I knew, I was BOMBARDED with questions!

I found out A LOT of new information! That they were my grandparents, and that their daughter (my old mom) never wanted to give me away. It's just that my dad had a rare disease that made him wheeze a lot around me. And when they took me to the doctors, They said that I was a threat to the life of my father just because of my fur. My dad said that we should just sell her for profit, but my mom argued against it. So, the only option they had left was to throw me on the curve and let me fend for myself.

I was devastated for days. Thinking that my dad would do that to me! But my mom, I knew she never wanted me to leave. That was real affection and love. And when I went back to the city, I kind of missed the fresh air and all the new scents. But, when I went to Alicia, all those worries went away. I didn't realize how much I missed her while I was away. It felt like I was a kitten again. So happy to have a home. But, now that I knew the truth about my evil dad, I despised him. I knew that something was off the day I met him. He was too awkward around me but I never cared until now. So, I wanted to see if I could find any other family that was around me.