Chapter 4: My roots

I traveled for many days while I went to find other people from my family, I stumbled across Ms. Baker! I knew right away that she looked a lot like my mother, and I immediately walked up to her and meowed non-stop. I think she knew what I was up to, because she called me by the name my old parents gave me. Mochi. (Yeah I know, it's kinda lame but just bear with me here) So, they named me that because they ADORED Mochi! (and for context, mochi is a japanese fruit cake) and so, they named me after that. I'd prefer to be called ginger, but I guess that wasn't a choice by the time. Anyways, when I came to Ms. Baker, I also had a rush of adrenaline pumping through my bloodstream. So, when she came to the door and opened it, I was ready to face anything.

I was very confident until I remembered how tall humans are. I still glared at her with loving blue eyes, as well as the cutest face but, surprisingly, she just kicked me right in the face and I went flying like a rocket! I guess the time wasn't right because when she came up to me, she said: "Sis, your dumb cat definitely aint here," she said lyingly. But when the sister came, I thought they were twins! But when the REAL Ms. Baker came to me, she cleaned my wounds and told her sister to never kick cats. Even though I thought she was being lenient on her, she told me that she had autism and was still learning-in-progress.

I felt so much better when I got to know the real Ms. Baker. She was funny, and kind! She really made me remember my old mother and she always made me feel like I was special. After some weeks of staying with her, I had to say my goodbyes. Even though I loved Ms. Baker dearly, I couldn't abandon the one true friend I had. Alicia. After all this, she still loved me alot and I knew it with my very heart. After almost 5 months of traveling, I wondered if Alicia still cared about me after all this time. Well, let's say I couldn't have been more wrong! She welcomed me with open arms! And she loved me like my own again! Just then I realized how much I missed her and I just couldn't get enough affection from her. I loved her with every piece of my heart. I always hoped that I would have a family just like this (well, I meant a family that did not abandon me) and it came true. I loved her with all my heart and I promised her that I would never leave her again. CATS. DO. NOT. BREAK. PROMISES.