Ep.4

Ep.4

" hang out with me . "

Seyeon gaped, utterly bewildered. "Hang out with you?" she scoffed. "Are you joking? How can I even consider romance, with you or any other girl , with that attitude? Besides, you're not exactly my type."

Sun-ho rose, a flicker of annoyance crossing his features. "First off," he countered, "love wasn't part of the invitation. I simply suggested hanging out to distract you from him."

"And secondly," he continued, a challenging glint in his eyes, "what's wrong with my attitude? Apparently, I'm every girl's type. Just arrived at university two days ago, and already I'm drowning in confessions and gifts."

Seyeon rolled her eyes. "Shallow things. They're blinded by your looks, oblivious to your inner self, your arrogance. You wouldn't know how to make a girl's heart flutter if it bit you."

A smirk played on Sun-ho's lips. " Is that a bet? " then he turened his gaze to a notebook " What's this ?" He reached for the notebook picking up from the table .

Seyeon snatched it back reflexively. "Nothing!"

"Then why hide it?"

"Just some writing," she mumbled. "I write novels sometimes, when the mood strikes."

"Genre?"

"Romance, obviously. If the book isn't romance, i won't read it "

Sun-ho shrugged, already reaching for the door. "Well, I gotta go."

Seyeon sighed in relief. "Good night."

Sun-ho glanced back with a final "Night," he disappeared into the hallway.

Seyeon peeked out the window moments later, only to find him lingering by his car. What was he waiting for? Curiosity gnawed at her. She decided to investigate.

Sun-ho's POV:

" I got in my car and started the engine, but it wasn't working. What is this? I tried multiple times, but it was useless. Fuck. "

End of Sun-ho's POV:

Reaching the car, she found Sun-ho fumbling with the keys, frustration etched on his face. "What's wrong?" she asked, a hint of concern creeping into her voice.

"Car trouble," he grumbled. "The engine won't turn over."

Seyeon couldn't help but smirk. Maybe his car wasn't as impressive as he thought. "Seems all that coolness isn't so cool after all," she teased. "So, what's the plan? Do you have someone to call? A friend or—"

"No one," he admitted, a touch of vulnerability in his voice. "Just my cousin, but she's swamped with work."

Seyeon studied him, a silent debate raging within. The rain, a sudden, unwelcome guest, began to pour.

"Come on," she blurted, surprising even herself. "Let's go."

Sun-ho stared at her, stunned. "Where?"

"My place," she answered, already turning away.

He hesitated, the rain stinging his face. He had nowhere else to go.

"Hurry up," she called back, annoyance lacing her voice. "I'm getting soaked. What? You want to spend the night outside? Fine, suit yourself."

Just as she was about to turn the corner, his hand shot out, grabbing her arm.