(Age: Two) Day Away

Tomo bolts for the man with the big purple scars the second he's placed on the floor by Dada, the scarred man immediately crouching and opening his arms for a hug with his mismatched face contorting into a lazy grin.
"Hey, hey, hey little man!" He greets as Tomo slams into him.
"Careful, Tomo." Mama warns as she puts his bag of toys, snacks and blankets on the floor.
"No fair! He always comes to you first!" The scary girl with sharp teeth pouts.
"Up!" Tomo demands, holding his arms up the second Dabi lets go of him.
"Can't help bein' everyone's favourite." Dabi says, lifting Tomo up with an exaggerated groan, holding him on his hip.

"Thank you for doing this." Mama says as Tomo plays with one of the shiny staples on Dabi's shoulder.
"Don't worry about it." The snake man says, smiling at Mama. "You guys haven't really asked for help this entire time. You know we're always here, right?"
Dabi puts his hand over Tomo's when he gives the staple a curious tug.
"Pull that out and you're gonna have a bad time, kid." He says, flicking Tomo's nose gently.
"He only likes you because you have shinies!" The blonde scary girl accuses, bounding up to them and immediately beaming at Tomo, exposing her sharp fangs like she's going to eat him. "Hi Tomo!"

Tomo buries his face against Dabis gnarled arm, which makes him laugh, the sound rumbling through his body.
"You creep him out." Dabi teases. "Cheshire cat lookin' ass."
"Language." Dada warns.
"Well you look like Frankenstein!" She retorts.
"Frankensteins monster, princess." Dabi says, the smile clear in his voice. "F' you're gonna insult me, do it right."
Tomo turns his face to look at Mama and Dada, who are still talking to the scaly man, Mama keeps glancing at Tomo though, looking as though she's worried.

"Tomo! Do you wanna play?" The girl asks, appearing in his line of sight with one of his favourite plastic dinosaurs.
"Play?" Tomo asks cautiously.
"Yeah! We can play dinosaurs! Roar!" She says, thrusting the toy at his face.
Tomo frowns and snatches it off of her. "No."
Dabi laughs again. "Brutal."
The girl looks upset, her big smile disappearing in an instant.
"Mine." Tomo asserts.
"I can play with a different one!" She says, rushing to the bag Mama left on the floor and pulling out a smaller dinosaur.

Tomo scrambles to be let down, which Dabi does gently, and he takes that dinosaur from the fanged girl too, dropping it back into the bag and pulling out the smallest dinosaur his Dada had packed, offering it to her.
Her look of disappointment turns into a grin as Tomo roars and pretends that his dinosaur is eating her dinosaur.
Dabi goes off to talk to Mama and Dada too as he plays with the scary one, chasing her when she pretends to run away with her toy.
"He hasn't napped yet so he should sleep pretty soon." He hears Dada say between his roaring, Dada's red eyes on him as he watches him play.

"Don't worry, it's good practice." Dabi shrugs. "Nez has a crib set up now if you guys change your mind about us havin' him overnight."
"Until six is fine." Mama says quickly, even though Dada looks unimpressed.
The girl tries to pretend her dinosaur bites his big dinosaur and Tomo scowls at her, saying a firm 'no' and slapping her hand away.
"Tomo, quit being a brat." Dada says from behind him.
Tomo turns to scowl at Dada anyway, not that he cares, dropping to a crouch and motioning him over.