Chapter 4

◀◀

Namjoon had a girl on his bed.

On his bed, in his dorm room sat Ashley Nicolette Frangipane, an exchange student that he met as a part of his club. Ashley was nice. A critic of society. A music lover. Even dreamed of releasing her own songs one day.

"I'm still thinking of my stage name," she would say. "One day, it'll come to me." She was a little on the coo coo side but that was okay too.

Also on his bed, sat Yoongi, who much to Namjoon's surprise, was fluent in English. Namjoon had just brought Ashley in for a moment while he changed into something comfortable for the festival when they had run into Yoongi changing into some form of maid costume.

"It's for the student council booth," he explained, face flushed red, and body shaking furiously.

What saved him was Ashley walking in and noticing the shirt he was wearing was one of her favorite underground rappers, and then she and Yoongi just hit it off.

Namjoon decided to take advantage of the fact both of them were busy conversing, to go and change. When he came back, they were still going at it, now both sharing their contact information with each other.

He had to admit, he was impressed. Namjoon had never heard Yoongi speak so much to a single person.

"Hey, Hyung," Namjoon cut in, now dressed in a more comfortable attire, "what's the student council's booth going to be? Maid cafe?"

Yoongi turned to him, giving him a droll stare. "Just a costume café."

Namjoon hummed, eying how Yoongi also had on some ears and a tail. It didn't seem like it would be just any costume cafe, it was giving a neko maid cafe sort of vibe. Or maybe...

"Like a Furry café?"

"I will end you," Yoongi threatened, although it was hard to take the threat so seriously when he looked so cute. Whoever chose the cat ears and tail for Yoongi had made a pretty accurate choice.

Yoongi left a few minutes later and Namjoon and Ashley started making their way to join the other members of their club.

"Yo, Namjoon!" Matthew called when he saw him approaching. "You're late!"

There were few members of the SNU Buddy Club compared to other clubs. This was maybe due to how many students were scared of actually talking to foreigners. Because of this, a lot of their club members were either Korean-Americans or foreigners themselves. Namjoon was sort of the exception to the group.

There was Matthew Kim, the club president, plus Amber Lui, Eric Nam, Krystal and Jessica Jung, Jackson, and Namjoon. Each one was assigned one or two buddies to walk around campus with, help in Korean, etc. Today, their job was to show them around the festival.

"Okay, so basically you get to look around and do whatever you want," Matthew explained, "but then we all meet up to eat together. If anyone sees a good stall anywhere, let us know through the group chat."

SNU's festival was a four day event filled with music, lots of food, and several activities for students and non-students to participate in. Namjoon takes Ashley around. Although, since it was his first college festival, he didn't really know much about what there was to do.

"Wanna go watch the performances?" he asked when they'd checked out a few stalls. "Heard Psy is in the lineup for today."

"Sure."

The line was long. They probably spent a good two hours waiting to get seated and even so, they got some pretty decent seats.

"Ah, Namjoon-ah!"