Chapter 01: The Secret of the Omnitrix

Sitting on the living room sofa was a young man named Hayden Pestal. He was 20 years old, an ordinary-looking person, with white/Caucasian skin, shoulder-length dark brown hair tied back in a low tail and green eyes. He wore jeans, a black T-shirt, a black shirt with the sleeves wrapped around his waist and gray converse shoes.

He had a classic routine for someone his age: get up, go to school and come home. It was currently summer vacation, so he could relax, his father was away on business, so he had the house to himself.

With no one around to disturb him, he picked up his TV remote and, zapping around on Netflix to figure out what to watch, he found his childhood favorite, the original Ben 10 cartoon. Driven by nostalgia, he decided to start episode 1.

Suddenly, a bright blue portal opened beneath his feet.

"What the hell?!" he shouted, trying to grab hold of something.

But it was in vain, as he was sucked into the blue vortex.

"Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!" he shouted as he was drawn into the portal, which closed as soon as he entered.

The next few minutes were very chaotic, as he was free-falling through what could best be described as a tunnel of blue energy, and there was a bright light at the bottom. When he reached the bottom, there was a flash of light, he felt an impact, then he lost consciousness.

-------------------------------------------

As he began to wake up, he heard a group of voices.

"Is he going to be all right?" asked a worried girl's voice.

"He'll be all right, Gwen." Answered an older man's voice.

"Where did he come from?" Asked a young boy's voice.

"He's waking up, maybe he can tell us." Said the old man.

When his vision had finally returned to normal, he was greeted by the sight of three familiar people. An elderly man wearing a red Hawaiian shirt and white pants, a 10-year-old girl with orange hair and bright green eyes, wearing a light blue t-shirt with dark blue sleeves, with a cat logo on the chest and white pants, and finally a boy also 10 years old with brown hair and bright green eyes, wearing a white t-shirt with a single vertical black stripe down the center of the chest and dark green pants.

He knew who it was: the old man was Max Tennyson, the girl was Gwen Tennyson and the boy was Ben Tennyson. He had to hold back his surprise at this point to avoid looking suspicious.

"Are you all right, my boy?" Max asked.

Hayden shook his head out of his stupor.

"Yes, I'm fine." He replied, straightening up.

Looking around, he saw that he was in Max's Rust Bucket.

"Where am I?" He asked, looking confused.

"You're in our grandfather's Rust Bucket, we found you passed out back there." Gwen replies. She then crosses her arms. "What were you doing in a place like that?" She asked with a puzzled look.

"I don't remember how I got there." He replied, rubbing his head, feeling a slight pain, he guessed he'd hit his head on landing.

"Do you have someone you can contact?" Max asked.

He reached for his phone, which he had in his pocket when the portal sucked him in, but when he saw his reflection on his phone's switched-off screen, he gasped. His body looked 15 years old again. This surprised him, but he had to do all he could to keep his composure so as not to alarm the Tennysons.