2.2 - Balderdash

After digesting most of the original owner's memories, Shen Mian stood up and called out, "Wei Ting, have someone bathe and wash this young master."

  A low "yes" came from outside the house.

  This Wei Ting is a master of secret techniques who was hired by the Marquis from the underworld at a huge price. It is said that he is quite capable.

  Although the Chengwang Mansion and the Marquis Mansion have always been on good terms, the Marquis and his wife were still worried about their legitimate son who had been raised with great pampering, so they asked someone to protect him.

  Just half a year later, Shen Huai's true identity was revealed and these people withdrew.

  After all, they are not biological children. Shen Mian can understand that, but the original owner is completely heartbroken.

  The eighteen years of father-son affection was so fragile in front of real blood. He was naturally angry but helpless.

  Shen Mian frowned and thought, the original owner's fate was clearly that of a cannon fodder.

  He was just thinking about how to find the child of destiny when Wei Ting came in with a group of servants.

  The servants prepared hot water, and several maids sprinkled flower petals into the bathtub. Shen Mian said, "No need, leave now."

  The maids retreated in response.

  The old nanny who came as a dowry in the Marquis's mansion had been serving in the mansion for many years. She had taken care of Shen Huai and his two younger siblings. She had made all the contributions and worked hard, so she was given the surname "Shen" by her master.

  Nanny Shen knew that he was a man who cared about his reputation, so she didn't dare to ask, but because of the lady's order, she hesitated and said, "Princess, I don't know where Prince Cheng went. It's not good to leave you alone on such a happy day."

  Shen Mian glanced at her. This old woman was a loyal one. In Shen Huai's memory, Nanny Shen also took good care of him.

  He relaxed his expression, sighed softly, and said, "Mammy, His Royal Highness Prince Cheng is very busy with official duties, so even if he is not available, it is helpless."

  He said these words calmly, his expression cold, but there was a hint of sadness in his eyes.

  He lowered his eyes and said calmly: "Well, after all... there is still a long way to go."

  Nanny Shen has always loved him, so she was naturally distressed when she heard this, but also relieved. Fortunately, the master knew the limits and did not cause any unpleasantness on the wedding day.

  If her young master had a tougher temper and made trouble tonight, the palace of the prince and the palace of the marquis would become a laughing stock in the capital city tomorrow.

  She bent her knees slightly and replied, "That's right. Our young master has always been known as 'a beautiful jade without parallel'. Looking across the entire Dasheng, there is no other person as handsome as him. Your Highness, Prince Cheng, you will know how good the young master is in the future."

  Shen Mian sat in front of the bronze mirror, looking at himself in the mirror.

  It was still his face, but his temperament was as cold as frost, his eyebrows and eyes were beautiful and extraordinary. He took off his wedding gown, wearing only a white inner shirt, and his black hair was as smooth and beautiful as brocade.