7.3 - Accident

As soon as I entered the door, the two elders of the Shen family looked over.

  Mother Shen asked, "Son, how come you came back so soon? Did you send Gu Heng to the car?"

  "I saw him get into the car and then came back. Mom, I have an appointment with someone to play games, so I won't tell you for now." He turned and was about to go into the bedroom.

  Father Shen slammed the table.

  "You still dare to play games! Isn't this lesson enough to serve as a warning to you? You won't be satisfied until your mother and I send you off, right?"

  Shen Mian clasped his hands together and said coquettishly, "Dad, I've really learned my lesson this time. I'll only play for an hour. The main reason is that I've made an appointment with my friends, and it wouldn't be nice to stand them up."

  Father Shen asked, "What kind of friend is this? How can a friend ignore your health and force you to play games?"

  "It's not what you think. They just won the game and rarely have time to rest." Shen Mian opened his phone and searched for several online reports for him to see.

  "Look, these are the guys who just won the world championship."

  Father Shen squinted his presbyopic eyes and looked at it for a while. His expression relaxed a little, but he still said stubbornly: "What's the point of winning this kind of competition?"

  Shen Mian said seriously, "How can it be useless? This is all for the glory of the country! This is a competition held in our country. If a foreigner wins the medal, how bad it will be. Besides, winning the championship is also a manifestation of the country's strength. Dad, now e-sports have been included in the Asian Games, do you think it is useful?"

  Father Shen was stunned when he heard this and said, "Why don't you play this game? Isn't it more meaningful than your daily live streaming?"

  Shen Mian's expression froze slightly, and after a moment of silence, he smiled and said, "It's not like you can go just because you want to. The contestants are all very good, and I'm just average, so I can't go."

  After saying that, he hurriedly slipped into the bedroom.

  Father Shen flipped through the report on his phone and said to Mother Shen, "I think our son is no worse than them. If he participates in the competition, he might be able to win a medal."

  Mother Shen laughed and said, "You old stubborn man, when your son said he wanted to play e-sports, you cut off his living expenses and locked him up at home, forcing him to run away from home. He was out there at the age of sixteen or seventeen. Now that he's willing to settle down, have you changed your mind?"

  Father Shen said in a muffled voice: "The overall environment was not good at that time. People said that this was not a proper job. You couldn't even eat enough playing games. I just wanted to do good for him."

  Mother Shen sighed and said, "It's all in the past, don't think about it anymore."

  -

  Shen Mian stretched, leaned back in his chair, and turned on the computer.

  When Lu Ze saw him online, he invited him to a voice chat room. Several people inside greeted him immediately:

  —"Hi, Xiaomianmian~"

  —"Good evening, Mian Shen~"

  —"The Great God is coming!"

  Shen Mian burst into laughter and said, "You are all world champions. I don't deserve the title of 'great god'."