6.23 - End of story

The evening breeze was chilly, and Shen Mian shivered slightly when he got out of the car. The waves on the river bank surged and hit the rocks on the shore. His slender body looked even thinner against this majestic background. Wang Cheng took off his coat and wanted to put it on him, but Shen Mian raised his hand and stuffed the clothes back into his arms.

  "I am not so weak as to be this fragile."

  Wang Cheng said: "It's windy at night, and it will be even colder when we get on the boat. If we catch a cold..."

  Shen Mian glanced at him and said, "Don't be so hypocritical at this time. This young master is tired of it."

  After saying that, he was the first to step onto the deck and board the ship.

  Wang Cheng looked at his back and frowned slightly. What the old lady meant was that it would be best to let the young master of the Shen family sink to the bottom of the river without anyone noticing, and let the Third and Fourth Masters hold the Shen family responsible for this. But now it seems that Shen Mingxuan has guessed it.

  After entering the cabin, Wang Cheng poured a cup of hot water in front of him and said, "Young Master Shen's ship will arrive in half an hour. Drink a cup of hot water to warm yourself up."

  Shen Mian looked up at him, but suddenly a very arrogant smile appeared on the corner of his lips, and he said, "This young master always needs someone to coax him when he drinks tea and eats. Your name is Wang Cheng, right? You can test the temperature for this young master."

  After saying that, he pushed the teacup towards the man.

  Wang Cheng was stunned for a moment before he realized that he was worried. After a moment of silence, he picked up the cup and took a sip for Shen Mian, saying, "The water temperature is just right."

  Shen Mian looked at him and smiled, but still did not touch the cup of tea. He stood up and walked out of the cabin. This was originally a merchant ship and was very spacious. As soon as he walked onto the deck, he was surrounded by people.

  Shen Mian asked: "Are you still afraid that I will jump into the river?"

  "Master Shen once escaped from the Li family's cargo ship, so he must be a good swimmer."

  Shen Mian stood at the bow and said, "If I jump down like this, won't you guys shoot me into a sieve with your guns?"

  "Master Shen, you are worrying too much. The old lady promised not to hurt you in the slightest."

  Shen Mian sneered, thinking that she was treating him like a child. The old lady would not touch him openly. When Shen Mingcheng's men arrived, it would be dark at night and the waves on the river would be strong. If something unexpected happened, who could blame her?

  He didn't think that the old lady was smart enough to allow him to leave the ship alive.

  As the wind and waves gradually rose, he finally took a step and turned to go into the cabin.

  Shen Mian remembered the dream he had.

  He had just woken up from a dream that day, and the first thing he saw when he opened his eyes was Huo Qian, so he put the things in the dream out of his mind. But when he thought about it now, he broke out in a cold sweat.

  It was not a good dream. In the dream, he saw Shen Mingcheng being shot in order to protect him and falling into the turbulent river.

  It happened to be by the river and on a big ship, which was like a foreshadowing.