2.4 - Mistake

Shen Mian had only guessed at first. Although this man was dressed simply, his aura was somewhat different, and there was a bit of heroic spirit between his eyebrows. He was indeed somewhat similar to the Marquis when he was young.

  Looking at the cinnabar mole in the middle of the palm, there was no doubt anymore.

  This person is Xiang Tianqi, the true bloodline of the Marquisate.

  A breeze blew across the corridor. The young man was dressed in white clothes that was whiter than snow. His delicate eyebrows were slightly curved, and he was as cold as dust, making people feel like they were in a dream.

  Xiang Tianqi's breathing stagnated, and he asked, "Why are you laughing, sir?"

  Shen Mian walked up to him, stretched out her green fingertips, gently tapped the man's palm, and smiled, "You have a cinnabar mole, and I have one too."

  The gleam in the boy's eyes attracted Xiang Tianqi's attention. After a long while, he realized that the boy was talking about the teardrop mole at the corner of his eye.

  There was indeed a mole beneath those beautiful eyes. It was not bright red, but a light crimson color, cold and yet revealing a sense of charm, making her face even more beautiful and charming.

  The young man smiled and said, "It seems that you and I are destined to be together. How about we become friends?"

  Xiang Tianqi inexplicably felt a sense of danger. He suddenly pulled his hand back, distanced himself from Shen Mian, and frowned, saying, "I am just a lowly person, and I am not worthy of your high regard. Please don't make such a joke, young master."

  As soon as he finished speaking, the young man froze, a hint of disappointment showing in his clear eyes like glass.

  Xiang Tianqi never knew that there really were such people in the world. He only frowned slightly and you would feel that you had committed a great sin. In front of him, you would unconsciously put aside all your pride and self-esteem, just to make him smile.

  He was just hesitating whether his words were too harsh, when the young man withdrew his hand and returned to his previous cold and reserved self.

  He said, "I am forcing you to do something difficult. Please don't be upset. If you have any urgent matters, please go ahead."

  Shen Mian turned around, took Shen Xin's hand, and said, "Xin'er, let's go to Qingwu Academy. You have to apologize to Zhou'er."

  Shen Xin sniffed and whispered, "Okay, Xin'er will listen to you, brother."

  When the servants saw their master leaving, they all dispersed, but those who passed by Tianqi all had unhappy expressions.

  This man is really stubborn. It would be fine if he wasn't grateful for the young master's kindness, but he has to act so aloof. Who is he trying to show off to?

  At this time, a servant came and said anxiously: "Tianqi, the manager asked you to go to the accounting office to settle the accounts, why are you staying here?"

  Xiang Tianqi remained silent, still looking in the direction the boy left.

  The servant followed his line of sight and his eyes suddenly lit up. He looked twice more and said, "That's the eldest master and Miss Xin'er. You usually only work in the accounting office, so I guess you have never seen them."

  "Young Master?"

  "Yes, the eldest daughter who married into the Cheng Palace a few days ago was said to be the most beautiful woman in Dasheng. It's a pity..."