Prologue Part 2

I breathe.

I feel the air entering my body through my nose. I feel it as if it were crawling into my lungs, passing through my spine.

I breathe again. I've been here for at least 20 minutes. Kneeling on the floor in my room on the silk mat, near the window, surrounded by my plants. But I can't see anything because my eyes are closed.

I breathe. Every time I do, my body becomes lighter. As if I were slowly lifting off the ground. Like a balloon.

I breathe, and my senses amplify. I feel the temperature and every variation on my skin. The flies buzzing around the room in my ears and the fabric of my clothes on my skin, as if I were naked.

I breathe, and my senses amplify even more. I hear something in my ears. It's not coming from my room, it's far away.

It's getting louder, but it's not getting closer, I'm the one getting closer.

I breathe and get closer, it sounds like music, with a very strong and chaotic rhythm.

The music almost disturbs me, disrupting my concentration, but despite everything, my senses amplify even more, and I hear the music even louder.

The rhythm drums loudly in my head. Is it... nightclub music? What the hell...

I open my eyes, I see and hear better than before, but all my concentration has gone out the window.

I get up, frustrated.

It's 11:00 PM, who the hell has the music so loud at this hour.

I put on my tracksuit shirt and sneakers, then head to the door.

The hallway is deserted, but looking to my left, I immediately understand that the blasting music is coming from that direction.

I start walking, only to realize that I'm not alone, because near the door there are people. Lying on the ground.

As I get closer, I notice that the area where the door is located is full of garlands, torches, neon lights, and many other things.

There's no room for doubt. It's a party.

The people lying on the ground vary in race, imps, succubi, and even a few humans, like me.

They all have smiling faces, or the look of someone who has drunk too much. In fact, some are hugging an empty bottle like it's a teddy bear. Their clothing confirms to me that it must be a party. Some guys aren't wearing shirts. One of them is even in his underwear.

Some girls have costumes typical of a party, and others are dressed very lightly. A succubus is wearing only a leotard and a pair of boots.

As I suspected, it's the recording studio. I instinctively connected it to the music.

I make my way to the door, being careful not to step on anyone.

I would feel bad if I hurt someone by stepping on their fingers with my shoes.

The door is decorated to the point that you can't see the intercom. It must be buried under the garlands.

I search a bit under all the decorations and indeed, a button pops up.

I try to press it, and I hear the doorbell ring.

I didn't consider one thing though. With all this noise... I don't think they'll hear it from inside.

But then how did all the guests get in?

Unless...

I give the door a light kick, and it opens slightly.