Photo

I slept terribly, and my back hurts.

Not that sleeping in an office chair is ideal, but I wanted to avoid at all costs sleeping in the same bed as Verosika.

I get up and stretch. Some relief for my back.

I turn and look towards the bed. Verosika is still asleep.

Yesterday, I thought she was beautiful while she slept, but now she seems even more so.

I shouldn't be having these thoughts. She's just a guest, nothing more.

Even though I must admit she had a strange effect on me, as she convinced me to have a rather odd dinner. And it was quite a unique occasion.

I'm sorry the evening was ruined by alcohol. Talking to her was pleasant, even though I noticed some odd reactions, like when she clenched a hand after I mentioned that the imp who sold me the bulletproof windows had a weird name with a silent vowel.

Alcohol inhibits or sometimes amplifies our reactions, and I can't tell whether her behavior yesterday was amplified or inhibited by the alcohol. I sincerely hope it's the first. Because if it were the second, I can't imagine what else she might do.

Now the situation is getting complicated.

If she really has a problem with alcohol, she'll soon go into withdrawal. And I poured all the alcohol down the sink.

She could still order some through the delivery services active in Pentagram City, but I can dissuade her.

Managing an addiction is much easier when you don't have the substance you're addicted to in the house.

I necessarily have to help her, because if she drinks, she'll hurt me too, as I discovered yesterday that the pheromones released into the air by succubi become toxic when the succubus releasing them is under the influence of alcohol. But from what I understand, it's also necessary for her to be somehow ill or mentally compromised. And Verosika hasn't given me that impression so far, although the fact that she's an alcoholic says a lot.

Yes, she only gave me a slight headache mixed with nausea, but I read on the infernal web that the effects on the individual could gradually worsen. And the most severe effects recorded so far can lead to tachycardia.

I'll have to explain to her that she needs to manage this problem. Also for my health.

I approach the bedside table to take the glass bottle I left for her to drink from.

I'll have to fill it with water.

As I approach, my eyes fall on her again.

I can hardly believe she's the same annoying and gaudy girl I saw in the past few days.

Last night I was too overwhelmed by the situation to notice, but to sleep, she took off her hoodie.

She's half-naked again, lying on my bed face down, hugging a pillow. An adorable image, I dare say.

Her mouth slightly open and her face calm.

Usually, people who drink wake up rather... zombie-like? But she doesn't seem to.

Maybe it's thanks to the herbal tea I gave her that inhibited the effects of the alcohol.

Her tail occasionally moves slightly, and I'd really like to hold it in my hands.

While researching last night, I learned many interesting things about succubi. Things that also explain her current sleeping posture.

There are too many prejudices about succubi, and Verosika was right yesterday—they're not just good at sex; they're much more.