🌷Chapter 5: Growing Closer🌷

As the days passed, the bond between Taehyung and Jungkook deepened. They found comfort and joy in each other's company, sharing their thoughts, dreams, and vulnerabilities. Jungkook's rigorous schedule as a general often kept him busy, yet he tried to make time for Taehyung. 

One sunny afternoon, Taehyung decided it was time for Jungkook to meet his close friends, Jimin and Haneul. He wanted them to see the depth of the bond he shared with Jungkook and to understand why he was so enamored with the general.

"Is it necessary for me to meet them?" Jungkook asked as they walked toward the café where they were meeting Jimin and Haneul.

"Hyung! They're my friends. And your fans. Yes it's necessary."

"What if they hate me?"

"They would not. I can't believe you're worrying about someone hating you", he chuckled lightly. "People get scared of you, not the other way around."

Jungkook stops him. "You're not scared of me, are you?" He asks him with worry laced tone, eyebrows furrowed together.

Taehyung cups his right cheek with one hand. "I can never be scared of you hyung. You keep my fears away. And their feelings don't decide mine." Taehyung smiled, squeezing Jungkook's cheek reassuringly.

"They just need to see the Jungkook hyung I know, the kind and caring man beneath the general's uniform."

"I don't think I can do that. My duty doesn't allow me to do that."

"And that's fine too. Just don't scare them like you did last time with the kids in the shopping mall", Taehyung said, accusingly.

"I just looked at them because they were staring at you."

"Correction: Glared at them. They nearly pissed in their pants."

"Serves them right. Dumbass alphas."

"Oh my big bad alpha." Taehyung gave Jungkook a quick peck on his cheeks, stopping the alpha from scowling. Jungkook looked at him wide eyed before maintaining his emotionless face once again. His emotions are only for his omaga to see, sue him.

Taehyung giggled at the alpha's antics. "Let's go now."

___

They arrived at the café, and Taehyung immediately spotted Jimin and Haneul at their usual corner table. Jimin was animatedly chatting while Haneul nodded along, a small smile playing on his lips. When they saw Taehyung and Jungkook approaching, Jimin's eyes widened, and he nudged Haneul.

"Guys, this is Jungkook hyung," Taehyung introduced with a bright smile. "Hyung, these are my best friends, Jimin and Haneul."

Jimin was the first to speak, a wide grin spreading across his face. "It's an honour to meet you, General Jeon," he said bowing, while extending his hand.

"Thank you," Jungkook replied, shaking Jimin's hand firmly. He turned to Haneul, who bowes politely.

"Nice to meet you, Sir" Haneul said, his tone polite but guarded.

As they all settled down, the initial tension began to ease. Taehyung watched as Jungkook nervously looked at him. Not knowing what to say. Taehyung finds his mate cute. The ruthless general being nervous because he was meeting some students.

Jimin, ever the social butterfly, was quick to crack jokes, making everyone laugh. Everyone except Jungkook. No matter how much he tried he couldn't bring himself to let his guard down. And other's understood. He was a high ranking military man. Ofcourse he had to always be alert.

Although even Haneul, usually reserved around new people, seemed to warm up to and tried to join Jungkook in their conversations.

However, Taehyung couldn't help but notice that Jungkook remained somewhat reserved, more guarded than he was with Taehyung. Despite his efforts to engage and participate, there was a subtle distance, a formality that lingered in his interactions with Jimin and Haneul.

Jungkook did try to match their enthusiasm, but couldn't do much. This is how he was. This is who he was. General Jeon.

But he did offer them the stories from military, which Jimin and Haneul listened in awe. He even treated them a huge meal which made the duo more happy.

"So, how was it when you two meet?" Jimin asked, leaning forward eagerly.

Taehyung blushed, glancing at Jungkook. "It was...enticing."

Jungkook nodded, looking at Taehyung with adoration. "I noticed Taehyung and felt an instant connection. We've been getting to know each other since."

Jimin's eyes sparkled with curiosity. "And how's that going?"

"It's going well," Jungkook replied, his gaze softening as he kept looking at Taehyung. "Tae is... special."

Taehyung's heart fluttered at Jungkook's words. He looked down, his cheeks flushing a deep red. The sincerity in Jungkook's voice made him feel warm and cherished.

As the evening progressed, Jimin and Haneul began to see the depth of Taehyung and Jungkook's bond. They noticed how Jungkook's eyes always seemed to find Taehyung in the room, how he listened intently to everything Taehyung said, and how he made sure Taehyung was always comfortable and happy.

After they left the café, Taehyung looked at Jungkook with concern. "How do you think it went?"

Jungkook gave a small, reassuring smile. "I think it went well. Your friends are great."

"Are you sure?" Taehyung pressed gently. "You seemed a bit... reserved."

Jungkook sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I guess I'm just not used to opening up to new people quickly. It's hard for me to let my guard down."

Taehyung squeezed his hand. "It's okay, hyung. They understand. Just be yourself. That's all that matters to me."

__________________________________

I'm trying to update everyday. So please show me your support ,vote and comment:)

🌷