🌷Chapter 16: Unraveling Secrets🌷

Long chapter ahead. Enjoy!

TW: Blood & Violence

Please vote and comment 🥺
.
.
.
.
Haewon's words had left him shaken, but Taehyung refused to let it break him. As he stood there reminiscing about his past, memories of his time with Jungkook also flooded his mind, filling him with warmth and strength.

Jungkook had always treated him with kindness and respect. Jungkook never made him feel small or unworthy. Taehyung remembered the countless times Jungkook had supported him, encouraged him, and loved him unconditionally.

"If you don't let yourself, no one can break you Tae. So don't let them. Never."

Taehyung mentally prepared himself and looked at Haewon again, a smug expression on her face. She clearly believed she had won, that her words had broken him. But Taehyung was determined to prove her wrong.

"What?," Haewon said, her tone laced with condescension. "I thought you'd have run off by now, realizing how much of a burden you are to Jungkook."

Taehyung stood tall, meeting her gaze with unwavering confidence. "I'm not going anywhere. Alpha never made me feel like a burden, and I refuse to let your words make me doubt myself or my place by his side."

Haewon's eyes narrowed, her smugness giving way to frustration. "You're delusional if you think you're good for him. Jungkook deserves someone strong, someone who can match him in every way."

"And I will be that person," Taehyung shot back, his voice steady and sure. "I'll strive to be the best I can for him because he deserves nothing less. But what about you, Haewon-ssi? You're so miserable that even after all this time, you're still trying to tear us apart."

Her face twisted in anger, and she took a step closer, her voice low and menacing. "You don't know what you're talking about, boy. Jungkook's world is dangerous, and you have no place in it."

"I know it's dangerous," Taehyung replied, his heart pounding but his resolve unshaken. "But I'm willing to face that danger because I love him. And I know he loves me. That's something you can never take away."

"You have no idea how to survive in Jungkook's world. You're weak, inexperienced, and naive. Jungkook needs someone who can stand by him through thick and thin, not someone who will crumble at the first sign of trouble."

"Like your daughter? C'mon she didn't come to me for once but you're still here bullshitting about how you want to make her happy. Are you sure she wants this? Or it's just what you want? A powerful reputation. You're really pathetic, old lady." Haewon just stood there, unable to argue.

"And about Strength? Strength isn't just about physical power. It's about heart and resilience. I may not have the experience, but I have the will to learn and grow. Alpha has never seen me as weak, and I won't let you define me that way."

Haewon grits her teeths. "You would be a constant liability to him. Jungkook's enemies would see you as an easy target, a way to get to him. How could he ever protect you without putting his own life and mission at risk?"

Taehyung nods. "I understand the risks, and I'm willing to face them. I'll learn to protect myself, and I won't be a burden to him. Together, we're stronger. I'm not a liability; I'm his partner."

Haewon huffs and rolls her eyes, venom palpable in her voice. "You're too emotionally fragile. Jungkook needs someone who can handle the pressures and dangers of his life without falling apart. You're too sensitive, too easily hurt. You'd be more of a burden than a support."

Taehyung smiles softly. "Being sensitive doesn't make me weak. It means I care deeply, and that's something he values. My emotional strength comes from my ability to love and support him, no matter what."