2.18 - Drunk

As the New Year approaches, the weather is getting colder, with light snow falling for several days, and the road is covered with a thick layer of cotton wool.

  In the west of the city, in front of a mansion, there was a simple and unique carriage parked, with carved golden bells hanging on the four corners and the shaft painted red. Several maids and servants in luxurious clothes were carrying the luggage.

  It's quiet here, with only a few pedestrians on the road.

  The carriage curtain was opened, and an old maid got off the carriage first. It was snowing and cold, so she pulled her sleeves together unconsciously and turned around to say, "Sir, we have arrived at the mansion."

  A faint "OK" came from the car. The voice was clear and noble, making people stop and want to lift the heavy car curtain to find the owner of the voice.

  A servant came forward and put a footstool on the carriage. Then, a young man in a moon-white brocade shirt and a fox fur coat got off the carriage neatly. He had a handsome, elegant and cold face that made people stare at him in a daze, but there was a barely perceptible indifference in his eyes.

  Shen Mian took the hot water bottle handed to him by the maid, warmed his hands, and looked at this newly built "Shen Mansion" in a daze.

  Nanny Shen stood beside him, holding his hand, and said, "Sir, it's cold outside, shall we go inside?"

  Shen Mian nodded and slowly stepped into the mansion.

  Nowadays, people in Shangjing City are talking about nothing more than the real and fake legitimate son of Yongle Marquis, and the divorce between Prince Cheng and the Princess. In short, Shen Mian has always been the protagonist at the center of the topic.

  He had never had this kind of awareness. He asked Yuncheng for the divorce letter and stayed in the palace for quite a while, until the news came from the Marquis' Mansion that Xiang Tianqi had returned to his ancestral home and everything was settled. Only then did he slowly and methodically order people to clean up the house and prepare for the move.

  The old concubine could no longer wait and sent people to Qianqiuyuan to urge her several times.

  She didn't want a male daughter-in-law at first, but treated him with courtesy because he was the eldest son that Marquis Yongle loved. However, she didn't expect that he was not of the Marquis's bloodline, but the son of a lowly servant. Such a person became her son's principal wife. The old empress dowager was so angry that she couldn't eat for several days.

  But she was no ordinary person after all. She knew that Marquis Yongle still had feelings for her son, so she didn't want to break up with him. She still played the role of a kind and gracious elder, but mentioned the matter of taking a concubine from time to time, saying that her health was getting worse and she just wanted to see her grandson before she died, and hoped that he would agree.

  When Yuncheng heard about this, he ordered someone to send the divorce letter to Shou'anyuan for the old lady to see.

  When the old concubine saw the divorce letter, she calmed down and became more gentle to Shen Mian, but she urged him in her words, hoping that he would leave soon to avoid any more trouble.

  After all, she still understood her son. Once he was in love, it would be harder than climbing to the sky to let go.

  Shen Mian managed to deal with her at first, but later he got really annoyed and simply used illness as an excuse to avoid seeing her. Now he has finally moved out and has a quiet time.