x. "wish along"

"Then all of a sudden he told me he was just counting in complete darkness for over thousands of years!"

It hasn't been a day since Taiju came back to being awake, but the guy's loud voice and exaggerated gestures were one of the things you missed in the old world.

"Like... Can you imagine that?!" Taiju asked you.

"Yes, it is Senku after all." You chuckle at how the camp was seemingly growing livelier by the second. "What about you? I doubt you weren't thinking of anyone while frozen in place."

"W-Well, yeah..." Taiju suddenly became bashful at your nudges, suddenly remembering the stone statue of Yuzuriha.

"Don't worry, once we finish the alcohol, Senku will start experimenting with different ratios and we'll be able to un-petrify Yuzuriha."

"In theory." Senku cuts in, settling down the firewood he had gotten earlier. "The pot is nearly hardened, we can start the distillation process and get our alcohol to make Nital."

"Distillation? Nital?" Taiju asks.

"We need to heat, cool, and drip the alcohol, basically concentrating it. Nital was commonly used for etching metals." You tried to keep the explanation simple.

"Oh, cool! Got it—what's etching?"

"To simply put it; corroding the surface of something."

"Oh! I get it! Senku plans to use alcohol and this... liquid, to corrode the stone fragments of someone's body!!"

"Yes! Pretty much!"

"Never thought you would actually take the time to understand that. But like I said; in theory." Senku clarifies yet again. "We still need to experiment with it to know if our hypothesis is correct. If not, it's only a matter of trial and error."

"I don't think it'll take too long before you find results." You said.

"Yeah! If we all work together, we can revive Yuzuriha in no time!"

Senku stared at the two of you, perhaps you two really are the best choices to revive first in this situation after all.

"All right, if you have that kind of mindset then start working!"

Having Taiju around the camp made it a billion percent easier for you. Is this what Senku felt when you ran errands for him? Sitting around, watching the pot harden further while Taiju ran around for materials and food? What a cycle.

"Want a taste of the alcohol?" Senku slips in, sitting beside where you sat while watching Taiju drop off some firewood before returning back to grab some more.

"Aren't we underage?"

"Oh come on, we're practically thousands of years old!"

"I don't think that's how it works, Senku, but sure." You sigh with a smile, taking the hardened clay, molded into a fancy wine glass, from his hands. You never tasted alcohol before, not only because you weren't the right age back then, but also because your mother doesn't want you drinking any—probably even if you're of age.